Office 365--Office Mix
Mix Up Your PowerPoint with Office Mix
What is Office Mix?
Participants will create a basic Office Mix
Participants will upload an Office Mix presentation to mix.office.com
Participants will review the analytics derived from an Office Mix and learn what information is available in real time
PLC Guiding Questions
1. What is it we want our students to know?
2. How will we know if they have learned it?
3. What will we do for those who have not shown mastery?
4. How will we enrich/extend the learning for those who have demonstrated success?
- Participants can add questions to presentations
- Participants can add a video or interactive app into a slide
- Participants can create a slide recording
- Participants can examine analytics associated with student’s viewing a mix online
- Participants can upload a mix to the mix.office.com website
TEAM Rubric Correlation
- All indicators in the Presenting Instructional Content domain can be addressed through OfficeMix.
Once Office Mix is installed, a new MIX tab will appear in PowerPoint. On this tab, you can start Recording, insert quizzes, screen recordings, screenshots, videos, and audio clips and more. If you are new to Office Mix, please take a few minutes to go through the tutorial!
What Can It Do?
With Office Mix, creating a lesson is as easy as adding a handful of interactive elements to your PowerPoint presentation and publishing it to the secure Microsoft cloud. You can create interactive lessons that:
- Can be watched one time or as many times as a student needs to from anywhere in the world 24/7, 365 days out of the year
- Can be watched sped up or slowed down, from the beginning or from any slide.
- Contain quizzes that check student comprehension.
- Contain audio and video using your webcam and built-in microphone or any other audio-visual peripherals attached to your PC running PowerPoint 2013 or higher.
- Show you speaking directly to students.
- Show ink being drawn on key parts of your slide to focus your students' attention.
- Include screen recordings of other applications running on Windows.
What To Do When You Are Finished?
When you're finished, you can Export your MIX to Video and share it with others via URL/web link.
**NOTE:**If you require your students to sign in with their Office 365 accounts, you will then be able to see see specific details (called Analytics) about how the students viewed and interacted with your MIX. You can see how long each student spent on each slide, what they answered for quiz questions, etc.