Staff and Partner Bulletin May 12, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community
Monday, May 9, 2016 (A Day)
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
Connie Solano in Data Room to help link
Seventh Grade Field Trip
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 (B Day)
7:55 Staff Meeting- Credit Recovery Lab
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor
9:30: Daisy Chain Tapping
12:00 Mental Health Conference
4:00 Myers out of the building EIP
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 (A Day)
7:45- ILT Meeting- Library
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
4:00 Admin Meeting
Thursday, May 12, 2016 (A DAY)
Women's Empowerment Conference - Ed Center with certain HS Students
8:00 PSC Committee
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Blue/Yellow Pod Second Floor
12:00 GAIC Tutor Party- Art Room
4:00 LSDMC Library
Friday, May 13, 2016 (B Day)
8:55- Reflection Meeting Seventh and Eighth Grade
King's Island Field Trip High School
2:00 Myers out of building to meet with Lofton Coach's meeting
Saturday, May 14, 2016
FIELD DAY East End
Looking Ahead At REA
Dr. Harris in Columbus
Monday: Senior Exams
Monday: 4:00 GAIC Meeting Conference Room
Tuesday: Senior Exams
Tuesday: Primary Reflection
Tuesday: Read With the Principal
Wednesday: Senior Exams
Thursday: Principal Leadership
Friday: Class Day
Friday: Myers leaves 1:30 due to Admin Meeting at Ed Center
Friday: Team Meetings
End of year stuff
- Senior Exams: Please look to email for the senior exam schedule. Please note, senior exams actually have to last until 12:15 if we start at about 9:45. This means on the B day, we will have to go until that time. On the other days, students will be dismissed at 12:21 which starts fourth bell. Additionally, please note, if you are supervising any exam, students are expected to be quiet to respect the time other students may need. Please be sure to do this for all of our exams. Please be prepared to turn in a copy of your exam to the office, and it will be on the check out list.
- Regular Exams: Please look to email for the schedule and we will put one in your box and post it around the building. Sorry for the delay. We will be asking for a copy of exams if they are not district exams. Please be prepared to have this checked off on your check out sheet.
- Graduation sign ups: We need everyone's help to pull off the big show. Please sign up with Ms. Harris.
- Check out sheet will be out on Monday.
HOWEVER, We have to do Tornado Drills. We have not done them before. Here is the plan:
1. All Yellow Pod First Floor and Blue Pod First Floor will go down what I call the Misty Griffith Stairs in the Yellow Pod.
2. All Green Pod first Floor needs to exit to the back staircase FIRST followed by seventh and eighth grade.
3. The entire second floor are going to the middle staircase.
4. Ms. Flohr, Ms. Dohme, Ms. Allstater, Mr. Rowlette, and anyone on the first floor with classes need to report to the "Daycare" staircase. This means that Daycare will go first and our students will be next. Please carefully monitor student behavior.
So, this is interesting, but please try your best to keep the students quiet. If they are on the stairs, please have them sit.
We will call the drill on FRIDAY AT 2:45. Please wait for the announcement or alarm.
Two additional positions for next year. Tech Coordinator and Testing Coordinator HS. Please email Mrs. Myers by Monday, May 16th if you are interested.
Roster Verification for LINKING is due MAY 17TH. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS ASAP.
Summer Reading Part Two
BLT (ILT) Suggestions that need to be Action Steps for all staff
- Current Reality: VT is the only one who can file truancy letters, possibility of committee for attendance only to complete letters from PowerSchool and mail merge and review data.)
- Rewards/Incentives for good attendance that are team bound for students and are administrative bound for Parents- Have a Parent Awards Assembly that includes attendance
- Parent Incentives: Phone calls during testing, parent communication, personal relationship (parents don't know the VT) speaking to parent (not voicemail), drill down to all phone numbers and email to actually reach the parent and getting a response to increase two way communication which is an OTES standard.
- Incentive for students that have accurate phone numbers in PS: Popcorn party for students that have accurate numbers in PowerSchool: once September, one in January (System for adults to enter the information), School messenger by Myers for report where numbers come up disconnected (about 80 out of 600 current students have disconnected numbers - out of minutes, voicemail full), advisory call their list in the fall to verify numbers.
- Remind 101: Each advisor or K-6 classroom teacher set up Remind 101 groups to send messages to their students in advisory and their parents.
- Advisors, teams could send "I miss you" cards through Snail Mail. Students in class have to all sign it for the students who are missing.
- Other suggestions that can assist with student attendance.
Are you winning the Biggest Loser???? Get Weighed in. Contest ends May 15th. Keep it Healthy!!
Professional Development Opportunities
Upcoming Mayerson Classes from the PD Committee:
Co-teaching Roundtable: Interested in learning about co-teaching. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
5/11/16: Becoming a Co-Teaching Model in Your Building