Culver Elementary March 2019
-----------------From the Desk of Mrs. Proskey--------------
Working Together Achieving Success
Standardized Testing has Begun Again...
It is that time of year again, where standardized testing has begun...
We are all really anxious for our schools to do well.
But please remember that among the teachers who will be administering the exams...
There is a Math teacher who not only brought the love of numbers to his/her students but supplied snacks for hungry bellies.
There is an English teacher who showed his students that reading and writing can take them beyond their wildest dreams as he listened to what disturbed theirs.
There is a History teacher who taught her students the importance of learning from the past while providing a safe place for them to make a mistake.
There is a Special Ed teacher who was able to bring the curriculum to her students so they can know the feeling of success.
If our school gets high scores, that’s great, we will celebrate.
But if those scores are not as high as we would have expected or as high as that rival school, please know that those teachers take the results very personally.
Please don’t take away their passion or question their professionalism.
Tell them that you appreciate how hard they work. That you understand the struggles they face.
Tell them that these are just scores and that what they do for their students, could never be measured by numbers.
One exam or score should not measure a teacher’s/student's worth or value.
Let them know that you support them and that they are making a difference.
Please do this and watch as those teachers and students rise to heights unknown.
March 19th- IREAD 3
March 20th-22nd- Make Up Testing
If you are interested in finding out more about the IREAD3 test, it's Blueprints and Specifications, Item Samplers, and Additional Resources, please click HERE.
By pressing this button, you can view the official Culver Elementary School Webpage, where you can view official documents (the breakfast & lunch menu) and links to the Middle School and High School.
Special Meetings/ Activities/ Dates
Wear Grinch Green
7:00- Board Meeting @ Admin Building
March 5- Tuesday
Wear Horton Light Blue
6:00- PTO Meeting @ CES in the Library
March 7- Thursday
Wear Sneetches Yellow
5:30 5th Grade Bball Game Moved to the Middle School Gym.
6:00 Young Author's Conference @ Elementary
March 12- Tuesday
End of the 3rd Grading Period
End of the 3rd nine weeks R.E.A.D. Deadline
March 14- Wednesday
March 15- Thursday
Report Cards are ready to view on Harmony (Harmony Family Access Link BELOW)
Spring Picture Day
March 18- Monday
7:00- Board Meeting @ Admin Building
March 19- Tuesday
3:30 Jump Rope for Heart Bowling Party (After School)
March 20- Wednesday
March 21- Thursday
March 22- Friday
11:00 Student of the Month Lunch
March 25 - April 5
April 8- Monday
School Back in Session
Click here to retrieve your children's Harmony Information (report cards, lunch information, grades, homework, etc.)
Lion's Club Student of the Month Lunch
March 15th is the Last Day to Order Yearbooks
Spring Picture Day- Friday March 15th
Preschool & Kindergarten Round Up/ Pre-K Days
- We will be having a Preschool Round Up on Wednesday, April 17 at 6:00pm in the Elementary Library.
- If you would like to put your child on the waiting list prior to April 17th, please call the office at 574-842-3389 and come in and pay your $60.00 Administration Fee.
- Culver Elementary School will be holding Kindergarten Round Up on Thursday, April18th at 6:00pm in the Culver Elementary Library. Please come prepared to register your child with their birth certificate and shot records. Your child will meet their new teachers, get a tour of their new classrooms, and receive a Culver Elementary Kindergarten T-Shirt!!! We are so excited to meet our new Cavaliers!!! #CULVERPRIDE
- If you have any questions or interest in sending your child to Preschool at CES, please call 574-842-3364.
- We will also be hosting a Pre-K day on Thursday, April 11th. If your child does not currently attend a local preschool, please visit the office to pick up a registration form.
Play summer Tball, Baseball and Softball with Culver Youth League!
If you are still interested please contact the CYL Board by email.
Culver Youth League is a group of parent volunteers that organizes baseball and softball teams during the summer months to play against surrounding communities. Boys and girls start playing at 4-5 years old at the t-ball level. After t-ball the kids separate into either softball or baseball and can play in the league up to 18 years old.
Preferred method -
Online registration form and PayPal link
Also Culver Youth League will be hosting a registration table this coming Saturday, March 2 at the farmers market in the beach lodge from 9-1.
Once agin, the Online form is the preferred method for registration. Please fill out one online form for each child that would like to participate in our summer program! After the last child is registered you may click on the PayPal link to pay all your registration fees at once! Fee schedule is on the form.
If you would like to stop by in person we will be at the beach lodge this Saturday only. Thanks and hope to have another great summer of baseball and softball!
Brian Pohl, Craig Schrimsher, Jean E Overmyer
PO Box 13 Culver, IN
K-4 Girls Intramural Basketball
Coach- Tammy Shedrow
Weather Alerts and Notifications/ Notifying the Office when your Child is Sick
- Please make sure that your child leaves the house appropriately dressed for the weather. We still go outside for recess even when it is pretty chilly outside.
- Do not drop your children off at the front door prior to 7:30. The doors do not get unlocked until the assistant gets there at 7:30.
- If the weather looks like it may be too treacherous for school, please check WNDU, WSBT, or FOX22 for closings or school delays. WROI and WXVI will also be informed of closings and delays. You may also check Culver Elementary's Facebook Page. www.facebook.com/culver.elementary.school (go to the link on this page and "like" our page).
- If your child is absent please call Yvonne Shepherd at 574-842-3389 or email her at email@example.com.
- Also remember if your child has a fever, they have to be 24 hours fever free before they come back to school. You never know when that fever may spike back up!
Culver Communtity Schools Corporation Mission Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Vision Statement
Culver Community Schools Corporation Belief Statements
- We believe students, with support from community, family, and educators, will rise to the level of expectations.
- We believe a well-rounded education at CCSC will foster emotional and intellectual development along with respectful, pro-active communication, in a positive, nurturing, learning environment.
- We believe that every student at CCSC is a potential leader given proper mentoring.
- We believe the definition of success is unique to every student.