CMSS MONDAY MESSAGE...
April 22, 2019
RESPECT, EXPLORE, ACHIEVE, LEAD
Message from the Boss...
NOW...let's finish out the school year strong. Be sure that you plan engaging lessons for students. Keep routines and schedules the same as much as possible. If you give the students any down time they will take advantage of it and discipline will go up! Any movie days or incentive days will need prior approval. Those are the times that students take advantage of the situations and again behavior increases.
Couple of things to add to your calendar:
Have a wonderful weekend,
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
In proud partnership with the, Cabot Classroom Teacher Association, Cabot Panther Foundation & Centennial Bank of Cabot to honor our districts most outstanding educators.
How It Works:
- School level nominations will be open March 25th -April 26th . Teachers may be nominated via the Google form listed on the district website: www.cabotschools.org
- Anyone may nominate a teacher, including: supervisors, colleagues, parents, students, staff and community members.
- School level administration team will use a rubric to evaluate each nomination and submit school level winner to CAO.
- Each school level winner will be invited to complete a longer application as a nominee for Cabot Public Schools Teacher of the Year 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed by a CAO coordinated committee during the week of May 6-12. Applications will be blind scored using a rubric to evaluate each nomination.
- The top three nominees will be announced and honored at the end of year celebration in May 2019.
- School level winners will be selected as finalists for Cabot Public Schools teacher of the Year Award. A recognition lunch will be held in May who will receive a congratulatory plaque sponsored by Centennial Bank & the Cabot Classroom Teacher Association. All Cabot teacher of the year finalists will receive a banner sponsored by Cabot Panther Foundation at the end of year district meeting.
- During the end of year district meeting in May, the top three finalists will be presented with $250 cash sponsored by Centennial Bank.
2019 Teacher of the Year Eligibility:
- All nominees must be certified skillful and dedicated teachers in grades prekindergarten through 12.
- Administrators are not eligible.
- Going above and beyond. Devotion of time and energy beyond the requirements of nominee’s position.
- Active learner that influences colleagues, families and students, beyond the normal responsibilities of nominee’s job expectations.
- Initiator of new or innovative ideas that substantially benefit the students and/or school.
- Supporter and collaborator of student related activities, projects or programs.
- Exemplary efforts that inspire a spirit of cooperation among those employees by Cabot School District, which foster commitment to provide the highest quality of service to others, and that clearly demonstrate an extraordinary dedication of the education of children.
- Instructionally effective in delivering high quality instruction.
- Demonstration of high student achievement and student progress.
- Influence transcends the classrooms to connect families, community and students beyond the classroom.
- Awareness of major public education issues and actively advocates for relevant practices, improvements and influences positive change.
- All information requested on the nomination form must be completed at the time the application is submitted. Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
- The information on the nomination is considered property of Cabot Public Schools and may be used to advertise and promote the Cabot Teacher of the Year.
- Any nominations submitted after the deadline will not be included.
- You may nominate more than one teacher for this award.
- You should only submit one application per individual.
- All site level winners will be notified via email on May 3, 2019 and asked to complete an additional application form by May 10, 2019 in order to be considered for Cabot Public Schools Teacher of the Year.
It's that time of year again! CMSS Talent Showcase will be on Friday May 17th. This is a 2:00 dismissal day for CHS graduation. However, I looked at lunch/recess times for altered schedule and planned accordingly.
5th grade - 9:30-10:30 A.M.
6th grade - 12:30-1:30 P.M.
All Essentials teachers will be helping me with set up and monitoring students during each show, so team teachers will have an hour for planning time that day :) Thank you for always encouraging your students to participate and showcase their talent.
Motivational Monday...goal setting, plans for the week, agendas
Taking Care of Business Tuesday...clean out backpacks, organize folders, talk about grades, testing strategies
Wonderful Things Wednesday...Students will have an opportunity to talk about the Wonderful things in their lives
Thankful Thursday...Students write note/affirmations to other students, teachers, staff members and/or share reason they are thankful for them. Participate in a giving back to the community or pay it forward.
Family Friday...bonding, team building time for the Advisory Family.
4th GRADE VISITS
April 29th- Northside
April 30th- Stagecoach
May 1st- Westside
May 6th- Eastside
May 7th- Central
May 8th- Southside
Middle School 101 is scheduled for Monday, May 13th.
Here is the link to be able to nominate teachers and/or staff members for R.E.A.L. Panther!
RED WEEKS/ WHITE WEEKS
RED WEEK...April 22-26
WHITE WEEK...April 29- May 3
RED WEEK...May 6-10
WHITE WEEK...May 13-17
RED WEEK...May 20-23
24- Secretary's Day
25- 5th grade Track and Field
26- 5th grade PRIDE Celebration at Cabot High School
6th grade Track and Field
29- Northside Visit
30- Stagecoach Visit
1- Westside Visit
3- Fire Drill
6- Faculty Meeting
7- Central Visit
8- Southside Visit
6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
10- Space Camp/Space Day
13- Middle School 101 5:30-7:45 p.m.
16- 5th grade REAL Panther Assembly
17- 6th grade REAL Panther Assembly
Graduation 2:00 Dismissal
23- Last Day of School
May 23rd – District End of Year Wellness Event, 3 p.m. at Cabot Water Park
May 24th - Last Contract Day for Staff; District Assembly at 8:30 a.m.
Here is the link for the Teacher Handbook. Let me know if you have any questions.
WEATHER CHANGES- IT'S GOING TO GET COLD!
Cooler weather seems to have arrived, and cold weather will soon be the norm. Keep a watch for students that are coming to school each day without an appropriate jacket/coat, socks, and/or shoes. Please make sure that you contact Mrs. True, Mrs. Terrell or myself to get proper weather attire.
FROM THE CAFETERIA
Please remember to notify the cafeteria manager of any field trips that will be taking kiddos out of lunches so I can make the appropriate changes to our counts.
Also IF sack lunches will be needed the cafeteria manager needs to know approximately how many will need a lunch- including bus drivers and teachers at least 3 weeks before the field trip to order in sack lunch foods.
The morning of the field trip or the day before a field trip a final count and the names of those receiving the lunch will be needed. This is for accounting purposes and allergies.
Thanks so much!
Getting signed up for Remind 101
Text @cmssouth to 81010
For Parents and Guardians:
Text @mssparent to 81010