5 facts about #1
- 1 is neither prime or composite, beacause to be prime it has to be one and itself, itself was 1. To be composite it needs to have more than two factors.
- The first 5 multiples of 1 are 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- The Ancient Greek didn't regard the number 1 as a number at all.
- When a person is learning to count, he or she is adding one to the number before it each time.
- 1 is also interesting beacause the number and it's square and its square root are all the same number: 1. No other number can claim that.