Tech Ninja Blast
Week of December 14, 2015
This Week's "JOT": Google Now!
A las, this week's JOT is inspired by one of our very own Tech Ninjas, Ms. Irene Valdez. When visiting Irene's 4th grade class at Forest Grove a little while back I observed her using her mobile phone to activate some simple tasks using Google Now. Whether from a mobile phone, desktop computer, tablet or Chromebook projected in-front of the class, you can now quickly direct Google to do a number of time-saving tasks and immediately access a variety of information using voice command. One way Irene uses Google Now is to periodically activate a class timer which she displays in front of the class to encourage her students to stay on task and transition efficiently across different segments in a tight, crisp manner during her lessons.
Here are a few other ways you might consider using Google Now in your class:
- Activate a variety of apps (e.g. Maps, Voice recorder, Timer)
- Perform simple administrative tasks (e.g. Calendar, Keep)
- Retrieve factual data/statistics
- Find images and other visuals
- Convert units of measurement
Here's a quick demo of Google Now in action - (To view within the district's network, login to the Barracuda Web Filter):
Where's Binder This Week?
- Mon, Dec 14: LCAP and Ed-Tech Planning (DO), Chromecast troubleshooting.
- Tues, Dec 15: Ed-Tech Support (MS), PD and Ed-Tech Planning (DO)
- Wed, Dec 16: Ed-Tech Support (FG), Illuminate Training Design/Dev.(DO), C&I Meeting (DO)
- Thurs, Dec 17: Ed-Tech Support (RD), Illuminate Training Design/Dev.(DO)
- Fri, Dec 18: Ed-Tech Support (CHS), Ed-Tech Planning (DO),