This Week At Coolidge
WELCOME BACK TO OUR FACE TO FACE COOLIDGE COUGARS
Every student. Every day.
Vision Statement: We promote a passion for learning and a philosophy that puts the needs of children and their education first.
Office Hours: 8:00a-4:30p
Face To Face:
Student Full Day: 9:10a-3:25p (40 minutes learning from home)
K,3rd & 4th Lunch 11:50p-12:25p
1st , 2nd and ASD Lunch 12:35p - 1:10p
ASD Center: ASD Student Full Day: 9:15a-3:30p
Livonia Virtual: Same Online Schedule
Notes For The Week
Please dress weather appropriate as we will continue to go outdoors for recess and mask breaks.
Before Coming to School
Parents and Students MUST go over the following checklist each morning
before coming to school: See below
● All students will be required to conduct the health and safety self
assessment at home prior to coming to school.
● At-home screening includes taking temperature prior to attending school and answering a health checklist.
● If the student cannot answer “NO” to the questions on the checklist, or has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, he or she may not attend school and must call the school attendance line.
Students will make sure they have the following things on the checklist:
COVID-19 DAILY STUDENT HEALTH SCREENING CHECKLIST
Attendance procedures return to normal practice as prior to Covid:
Attendance is mandatory and parents are asked to contact the school at 734-744-2705 to inform the school if their child will not be present
Parents may also complete the Coolidge Attendance Form.
Health & Safety
Mask Wearing will be strictly enforced:
Reusable Facial coverings (Must be washed daily)
Disposal mask (must be disposed of daily)
Gaiters (one-piece neck and face sleeve)
Exceptions: Students who have a documented medical condition must provide written paperwork from a medical doctor.
● Social Stories: Wearing Masks Social Stories
* Students will be given short breaks to go outside and take off their masks. The teacher will use judgement in terms of a scheduled mask break and go out the nearest door for a 5 minute break
Students will be taught proper hand washing procedures. See
PBIS Poster. Wash Your Hands
A schedule will be developed so students are washing hands every 2-3 hours.
● Students should use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not feasible
before/after touching any shared materials, and before entering
any new space.
Desks and tables will face in a single direction whenever feasible and will be spaced out as much as possible to achieve minimally 3 feet of distance from head to head, up to 6 feet where possible.
Every student will wash their hands (or sanitize when hand washing is not feasible) before and after lunch.
K (lunchroom), 3rd & 4th will eat at 11:50am-12:25pm
12:25pm-12:35pm 10 minute cleaning time
1st (Lunchroom) 3rd, and ASD Center will eat at 12:35pm-1:10pm
For kindergarten and 1st grade students eating in the lunchroom:
After hand washing, students will go for lunch.
Students will be seated, physically distanced at the lunch tables
2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade:
For 2nd - 4th grade classes, lunch will take place in the classroom.
Student desks will be wiped down before and after lunch.
● Each classroom will be assigned a specific location on the playground
to play each day which will rotate daily. (Examples include: play
structure, swings, field)
● Students will need to maintain social distance when playing outside
and stay in their classroom’s assigned location.
● Students should wash hands or use hand sanitizer when returning to the classroom after recess.
LMC will be part of the students weekly schedule.
Book browsing/check-out will be limited so students are not touching many books but rather choosing from a set of books.
When books are returned they will be kept out of circulation for 24 hours.
Music class will take place in the music room or outside, if possible.
Physical Education :
● Students will go outside for PE when weather permits.
● When outside, students will not be required to wear masks as long
as they are physically distanced.
● If the weather doesn’t permit, students will go to the gym. They will
keep masks on and be physically distanced. Indoor PE activities will be lower intensity.
Art will take place in the art room.
There will be plexiglass dividers utilized in the art room.
Students will use individual supplies during class.
Bring Your Own Device
If a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade student received a Chromebook from their school, he/she should bring that device to school for use each day. Students are also welcome to bring their own personal devices from home.
The Classroom Ready Checklist includes students bringing a charged device to school everyday. It is recommended that you use a 2.5 gallon size ziploc plastic bag, so the computer does not get wet from lunches and/or water bottles.