The Hawks Monthly
Month of February 2021
In case you're kids didn't tell you, We got GAGA Pits from the PTA!!!
Through the amazing fundraisers that you are patrons supported we were able to raise enough funds for two Gaga Pit ball arenas. Additionally, PTA was able to purchase permanent shade covers for our tables/benches on our playground area.They will be installed soon.
Thank you for always supporting Heritage Trails.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- February is Black History and American Heart Month
- Celebrate our Amazing Counselor, Mrs. Stafford on February 3rd
- English Language Learners will be doing WIDA testing 2/8-2/12
- Sunday, February 14th is Valentine's Day
- Monday, February 15th is a teacher Training Day ~ No School for Students
- Monday, February 15th is President's Day
- Archery Tournament - Monday, February 22nd and Wednesday, February 24th
Car Rider Arrivals & Dismissals
We are still seeing some issues during PM dismissals
- Vehicles will not cut in line. This throws the entire system off and students are then at the wrong colored cone. Any vehicle cutting the line will be automatically sent to recall and will wait for their student from there.
- All vehicles will have a blue tag with their number on it. If you need some printed email your students teacher and we will have them printed.
- Parents and students will ONLY cross at the crosswalk. Any parent or student crossing in the middle of the drive will be directed to the crosswalk. This is for everyone's safety.
Lastly, I have been receiving complaints from the schools neighboring homes that parents/guardians of our students who are parking on the residential streets are blocking their driveways. Please be mindful and respectful of not blocking driveways. We have told the neighbors if it continues to contact the local police to take of the situation.
Principal, Heritage Trails
STUCO Moore Love Fundraisers
STUCO Valentine Sucker Grams for Sale!
This fundraiser and service is being provided by our STUCO to help with students wanting to celebrate Valentines gifts with their friends and to help support our District Moore Love Fundraising activities. All proceeds from our fundraisers will go to supporting the Regional Food Bank and the Moore Firefighters Charities.
Heritage Trails has already been contacting parents about having and accessing Parent Portal.
This is now required to enroll your student for the coming school year.
In February we will send out information to all our patrons about the new enrollment system online. Please be on the look out for this information. Additionally we will place pertinent information, when it becomes available, on our Heritage Trails Parent Resource Page linked in the button above (21/22 School Year Enrollment).
We would like to spotlight amazing moments in our students lives. If you have a special moment that has happened that you would like us to recognize in our Trail Mix please email your student's teacher with the information and any pictures if you have those to add.
I know with our current health climate, parents are not able to enjoy coming up to the school and seeing all the amazing things our Hawks have displayed around the building, but rest assured we are still highlighting all our Hawks Projects & Artwork! Hope you enjoy!
Art Time by, Mrs. Spradling!
Media Lessons - Inspirational Words
Positively Amazing Pre-K
CANVAS for Parents
Canvas is the Learning Management System used by PreK-12th grade teachers and students. It serves as a platform where teachers can post assignments, create discussion boards, and upload content like PowerPoints and instructional videos. For students, Canvas creates a one stop shop to see assignment details, due dates, and learning resources for all their courses. At teachers' discretion, students are also able to submit assignments through Canvas.
Using a web browser or a mobile app, parents can create observer accounts to view assignment details, due dates, and course materials. Infinite Campus is still the official platform for course grades and student attendance.
To view students' courses, parents need a pairing code. Students can generate a pairing code for their parents by signing into Canvas and going to "Account" in the upper left hand corner, then to "Settings" where there will be an option on the right side of the screen to "Pair with Observer".
How are you feeling today?
What's in the Peach Jar???
You'll find all of the flyers below that are available for our school by clicking on the PeachJar Link.