Starr's Mill High School Counseling
October 29, 2021
Who Are Your School Counselors?
Meshanna Marcus email@example.com Student Last Names A - D
Shellie Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org Student Last Names E - Lac
Colleen Petty email@example.com Student Last Names Lad - Re
Connie Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org Student Last Names Rf - Z
Judy Dillon email@example.com Secretary, School Counseling Department
Reminder: Fall 2021 Probe College Tour
They will immediately receive a QR code on the screen, and via email. Students will need the code either on their mobile phone or have a printed copy. A list of college exhibitors scheduled to appear at in-person fairs may be found at RegisterProbe.com.
For more information on the student registration process, read our Help article.
FAFSA Night At Point University
On Nov. 10th, join Holly Hardnett, Director of Financial Aid and team members, as they guide students and parents through the process of completing the FAFSA form. The FAFSA form is a critical tool to apply for grants, work study and loans. The new 2022-2023 FAFSA form is now available! Some states and schools have limited funds, so don't delay! RSVP by Nov. 8th
Signs of Suicide (S.O.S) Prevention
- To explain that suicide is a preventable tragedy that often occurs as a result of untreated depression
- To provide students training in how to identify serious depression and potential risk of suicide in a friend
- To impress upon youth that they can help themselves or a friend by taking the simple step of talking to a trusted adult about their concerns
- To teach students who they can turn to at school for help, if they need it
We encourage help seeking behavior through the ACT technique:
Acknowledge: Listen to your friend, don't ignore threats
Care: Let your friend know you care
Tell: Tell a trusted adult so they can help
Upcoming Virtual College Information Sessions
- Georgia Gwinnett College: Monday, 11/8
- University of Alabama: Tuesday, 11/9
- Kennesaw State University: Saturday, 11/13
- Agnes Scott College: Saturday, 11/13
- College of Coastal Georgia: Saturday 11/13
- Jacksonville State University: Thursday, 11/18
- Mississippi State University: Monday, 11/22
Please see Mrs. Dillon, School Counseling Secretary, for additional assistance.
Please contact any class of 2022 sponsor for information displayed here.
SMHS Counseling Schoology Page
- AP College Credit Policy
- GPA Quality Point Calculation
- Mental Health and Crisis Resources
- Work Based Learning
- Dual Enrollment