"What's Your Future Career Night?" - Thursday, February 4
1. Imagine your life five years after you graduate from high school. What challenges do you want to solve? How does this relate to a career?
2. As you consider your future, what types of options after high school have you already explored (e.g., two-year college, four year college, trades, internships)?
3. What concerns or questions came up for you as you explored?
4. To achieve your career goals, how long are you willing to go to college or other types of training?
5. What does success mean to you when it comes to a career?
6. What do you want your lifestyle to be like after high school?
7. Do your lifestyle expectations match your career and education goals? If not, what adjustments are you willing to make?
8. Share with your child how you arrived at your current occupation/career.
Would you choose this path again?
What are the positives/negatives associated with your career?
Upcoming Important Dates
February 2 - JLMS PTG Fundraiser at Even Odds PizzaFebruary 15 - Virtual Learning Day (no in-person school)
February 26 to March 1 - No School for mid-winter break
March 15 - Virtual Learning Day (no in-person school)
March 17 & 18 - Spring Parent-Teacher Confernces
March 26 - End of 3rd Quarter
March 27 to April 5 - No School for Spring Break