Mosaica Online Happenings
April 21-25 2014
Non-Charter Mosaica Online Locations
American School Foundations
April 14 - 21 - Spring Holiday
May 1 - Labor Day
May 25 - Last Day for Seniors
May 31 - Upper School Graduation
June 12 - Last Day of School
Mosaica International School of Hyderabad
April 14 - 18 - Spring Break
May 1 - May Day
May 28 - 30 - Benchmark Testing
June 9 - 11 - Mosaica Online exams
June 13 - Last Day of School
Foundation Academy of Mansfield
May 26 - Memorial Day
June 2 - Mosaica Online exams
June 4 - Last Day of School
Muskegon Heights High School
May 10 - Prof. Dev. Day
May 26 - Memorial Day
May 27 - Exams completed for health students
May 28 - Last Day for Seniors
June 12 - Last Day for Students
Arts & Technology Academy of Pontiac
May 23rd - Early Release Day
May 26th - Memorial Day
June 13th - Early Release Day
June 20th - Last Day of School
American School of Puerto Vallarta
April 11 - 27 - Spring Break
May 1 - Mexican Holiday
May 5 - Mexican Holiday
May 16 - Profession Development Day
May 27 - 30 - Senior Final Exams
June 17 - Last Day of School
A Special Staff & Student Spotlight!
This student is an inspiration to us all and Elaine is the true definition of a teacher- caring about her students in the classroom and out and putting forth the extra effort to make that special connection!
Thank you Elaine for the difference you make in your students' lives!
Mosaica Online Enrichment Days
Our next Enrichment Day is May 14th!
TEACHER TIP OF THE WEEK!
·If you have any ES or MS students who have been inactive this first week of GP4, please contact their parents immediately so that we can help them get started as soon as possible. We want all students to take advantage of the fresh start provided by a new grading period.
· If your GP4 Checklist and Content is not completed, please work on completing those items as soon as possible.
· All grade levels please remember to enter zeroes into your gradebook at the beginning of each week. We appreciate that teachers want to work with their students, but we need to have zeroes in the gradebook until the students complete their work. This helps prevent surprises, which is VERY important!
The Coaching Corner.....
We have been learning this month the importance of COMMUNICATION J
So, in addition to the Professional Development tips outlined over the last 2 weeks on Communication, we will be reviewing some reminders that were shared in this week’s Staff Meeting.
- April 4th, we looked at how to change our language to promote positive communication, like using “could” instead of “should,” and “what” instead of “why?”
- From there, we learned about checking our ‘VOICE” and challenging ourselves to stay in the controlled ‘Adult’ voice when handling adversity with any students or parents.
- This week, we are reminded of the Communication Tips that Leigh shared during our staff meeting April 14th. Let’s maintain this positive communication throughout the end of the year and finish strong!
- Communication – WATCH your tone. Remember to take a break and step away if you are feeling agitated. You can also send your email to a colleague for a quick read before hitting “send” to that student or parent J
- Email and phone calls returned within 24 hours during the week
- Special people – because they are special-and there are always exceptions to the rule J. Again, if in doubt, please discuss with your IC!
- Calendars, end dates, changes – pay attention and keep track!