Lincoln Lion's Local Buzz
September 4, 2020
We Did It!!!
We are currently accepting applications for teachers who would like to use the full content in Nearpod as an instructional tool in the 2020-21 school year. We have expanded our number of full-content licenses and are looking for more teachers to take advantage of this powerful feedback tool. We'll contact all selected users with directions on how to set up your account and the next steps for Canvas integration.
To apply, please complete this Google Form (click here)!
PIVOT!!! Change in who is considered a contact.
Besides the contact tracing rule change (now 15 minutes), I wanted to add some additional information from the Sullivan County Regional Health Department call yesterday.
Currently we are seeing some slight positives in terms of community spread. Below are some of my notes that the Health Department asked to remind schools:
- Two things that can make us unstable (more community spread) - holidays, typically a week and half to two weeks after a holiday we get slammed. Also schools are having students in place and Labor Day weekend is here.
- Mask requirement is the first line of defense. The health department will continue to support our requirement for mask wearing.
- The most important thing as we move into the holiday weekend, please practice safety, social distance and wear a mask. Avoid large crowds. Health Department asked that we continue to communicate this information to staff, students, and parents.
- From Dr. May - Complacency is the enemy right now. This was part of a discussion where we must continue to use masks, social distance as possible, conduct hand washing, sanitizing, cleaning, etc. Essentially do not let up on our protocols.
MTSS (NEW RTI) AND EASY CBM DATES
All - please complete EasyCBM screenings and DRA by September 18th so we can meet on September 22nd for MTSS (New RTI) meetings.
We will have our first MTSS Data Conference day to refine our MTSS groups and to add to them with our new data. Great job this week starting MTSS with many of our students to help fill that gap!
Schedule for Faculty Meetings. Unless otherwise stated, held in the auditorium starting at 3:45/3:50 and will last no longer than 5:00.
September 14--Committee Work
October 12--TBD (Student lead conferences work is a strong possibility)
December 14--Staff Holiday Celebration
January 11--Hacking PBL (Intro, Hacks 1-3)
February 8--Hacking PBL (Hacks 4-6)
March 15 (TBD based on state/district timeline)--Testing Training
April 12--Hacking PBL (Hacks 6-10 and conclusion)
May 10--End of year Celebration
Teacher Lunch Coverage Schedule.
Here is the link to the schedule
We will start this on TUESDAY--WEEK A
Welcome To Austin
Please make sure that you greet Austin if you see him in the halls as he starts his time with us at Lincoln. We are a great school for supporting all individuals big and small as they make their way in this world, and I'm excited to have Austin with us.
SKYWARD & WILLSUB+
- Please be sure to clock in and out appropriately.
- Judy Hooker will be doing all Skyward time corrections. Please email her with any needed time clock changes.
- Support staff can only work over their hours if pre-approved by Jennifer or Suzanne. This will be very limited this year as we now have our KATs in the building that can help support if we have a need. Working over in virtual weeks should not occur.
- Suzanne will continue to approve time-off requests and approve timesheets. Be sure to submit your timesheet each Friday and have everything submitted in the timeline that Judy has sent out to IA's in previous weeks.
- We will not be utilizing substitutes while we are in a virtual learning situation.
- During virtual learning days, if you are unable to work, you will only need to record this in Skyward.
- Now that students are the building, each teacher is responsible for requesting a substitute by using the Willsub+ website AND entering your time off in Skyward. Both Willsub+ and Skyward are the teacher's responsibility.
Lincoln's Playground Project Fundraiser
Get your 100 years commemorative shirts, mugs, yard signs and car stickers here! Proceeds go to our new playground! Don't miss out on these awesome buys!!