Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 10/17/2021
This Week's Schedule
Tues. Oct. 19th:
PTA Fundraiser begins (Java Joe's Roasted Gourmet Coffee)
SLT Meeting 2:30 PM (Zoom)
Deadline to order Paulo Gear online
PTA General Meeting 7 PM (zoom)
Wed. Oct. 20th: 8th Grade Gown Measurement (6th period)
Fri. Oct. 22nd: "Paulo Goes Pink" Breast Cancer Awareness Day- Wear Pink
SCHOOL SPIRIT CALENDAR FOR 2021-2022
Here at Paulo, we understand the importance of cultivating a sense of student pride and ownership across our hallways and classrooms. We believe that this sense of warmth and optimism allows our students to feel valued and welcomed each and every day and makes Paulo a place where all students can flourish. To this end, we enlist your support in ensuring your child participates in our various Paulo Pride days.
October 22, 2021 - Wear Pink Day for Breast Cancer Awareness
October 29, 2021 – Wear Black and Orange Day
November 24, 2021- Crazy Hat Day (8th Grade Only Event)
December 17, 2021 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22, 2021 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23, 2021- Twins Day
January 7, 2022 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 11, 2022 – Football Jersey Day
February 14, 2022 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2022 - International Night
March 17, 2022 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 8, 2022- Basketball Jersey Day
April 29, 2022 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4, 2022- Star Wars Day
May 27, 2022 – Superhero Day
June 1, 2022-Soccer Jersey Day
Friday, October 22nd, Paulo I.S.75 will “Go Pink” for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Staff and students will have an opportunity to wear “Paulo Goes Pink” apparel or participate by wearing pink. Shirts that were pre-ordered will be delivered to Advisory classrooms at the beginning of the week. Each item purchased included a $5 donation to the American Cancer Society. If you would like to donate, please go to the link below. Donations will be accepted until October 31st.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
8th Grade T-Shirt Design Contest
The theme for this year’s graduating class is “Make Lemonade.” This speaks to recent challenges we have endured and the remaining aftermath, making choices, and keeping things positive and in perspective. Now more than ever, we are making the most of less than ideal circumstances.
The official start of the senior t-shirt design contest is now! The deadline to submit an entry will be December 1st. Designs are to be submitted to Ms. Runfolo, digitally or directly in person to room 418.
6th & 7th Grade Halloween Party 2021
Our 6th & 7th Grade Halloween Party will be held on Friday, October 29, 2021 from 2:30-4:30 pm IN THE SCHOOLYARD. Cost of tickets is $5 for all students. Deadline for registration and payment online via credit card is Wednesday, October 27; please note that no monies will be accepted on the day of the party
Transportation home is the responsibility of the parent/guardian Pick-up in the schoolyard (RAINDATE: Monday, November 1, 2021 from 2:30pm - 4:30pm)
Halloween Costumes on Friday Oct 29-Retraction
Recognizing 2021 Honor Society and Jr. Arista Members:
Show your Paulo School Spirit Every Friday
Requirements for Arista
The mission of the Paulo Arista Society is to make the qualities of scholarship, citizenship, and service function as a beacon of excellence for all members of the school community. To communicate this mission, Paulo has made the requirements for inclusion in Arista (8th grade), Junior Arista (7th grade) and Honor Society (6th grade) as follows:
1. Scholarship – Academic average of at least 91.00% in each marking period with no grade, in any subject, below 80 or “S”. Please note that a course grade of 79 or lower precludes a student from Arista.
2. Citizenship – No citizenship grade below “S” (Satisfactory) in any marking period.
3. Service – The attainment of at least 25 service credits per school year.
4. Attendance/Punctuality – Students absent more than 10 days per school year are precluded. Also, students who are picked up early from school five or more times in a given semester are also precluded from this recognition.
Please see the Student Handbook for a more in-depth explanation of criteria for the Paulo Arista Society.
Join I.S. 75 on our first online fundraiser of the year. Java Joes Freshly Roasted Gourmet Coffee fundraiser begins on 10/19 thru 11/16. As a reminder, this month's PTA meeting will be held on Tuesday October 19th at 7 PM via zoom.
No Cost "Virtual" After School Math Tutoring & Virtual Saturday Math
During the School Week
We are happy to be able to provide additional math support "virtually" after school.
Classes will meet remotely via google classroom on weekdays (according to the schedule below) 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, beginning Monday, October 4th and ending Thursday, January 27th.
Algebra: Tuesdays & Thursdays
8th Grade: Mondays & Wednesdays
7th Grade: Mondays & Tuesdays
6th Grade: Tuesdays & Thursdays
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM starting October 9th and ending January 22nd.
Classes will take place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) portal
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc
Dates to Remember
- Week of October 25 - 29 Quarterly Exams
- Wed. Oct 27: Deadline to order ticket for the Halloween Party
- Fri. Oct. 29 SPIRIT DAY "Black and Orange Day"
- Fri. Oct 29th 6th & 7th Grade Halloween Party (schoolyard)
- Tues Nov 2 Remote School Day for Students - Election Day
- Wed Nov 3 Arista Honor Society Ceremony (postponed from May 2021)
- Thurs. Nov 4 Jr. Arista Ceremony (postponed from May 2021)