By Nikki MIller
- Depression is a serious mental illness
- Every 12.8 Minutes a person dies from suicide
- There are 4 males per one female who die, but 3 times as many females attempt
- 5-8 percent of Americans 18 and older have major depression
- 25 million Americans suffer from depression
- 10th leading cause of death in America
Social Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety is something much bigger than just "Oh, I am anxious
- "They won't like me anymore"
- "They will judge me"
- "They will hate me after what I say"
- Apologizing excessively
- Preparing excessively
- Asking for reassurance from others
- There are some different types of eating disorders
- Bulimia and Anorexia
- Up to 24 million people of all ages have an eating disorder
The body type portrayed in advertising as the ideal is possessed naturally by only 5% of American females.
• 47% of girls in 5th-12th grade reported wanting to lose weight because of magazine pictures.
• 69% of girls in 5th-12th grade reported that magazine pictures influenced their idea of a perfect body shape.
• 42% of 1st-3rd grade girls want to be thinner
• 81% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat