During the next two weeks we will be discussing nursery rhymes. We will focus on the nursery rhymes "Humpty Dumpty", "The Queen of Hearts", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider, "1, 2 Buckle My Shoe", "I'm a Little Teapot", and "Hickory Dickory Doc." As we participate in activities about nursery rhymes we will also focus on rhyming. Do the words sound alike? Rhyming helps children understand language-it's rhythm and the sounds within words.
Have a great two weeks!
Ms. Stephie's Speech Spot
Dear HSE Families,
The HSE Special Education Administration would like to invite you to the 2015 Special Education Parent Information Meeting on Feb 25th from 6:00-8:00 at the FOCUS program building. The FOCUS program building is attached to the south side of the HSE Freshman Center (by the tennis courts): 12001 Olio Road Fishers, IN 46037.
Please click on the link below to read about the break-out sessions offered and sign up for two different sessions. Sign up early! These sessions will fill quickly. If you have any questions about the sessions or sign-up, please contact Beth Shepperd at: email@example.com
The sign-up window will be closed at 5pm on February 20th.
We look forward to seeing you on February 25th!
Tom Bell, Director of Special Education
Dr. Barb Walters, Assistant Director of Special Education
Beth Shepperd, Interim Assistant Director of Special Education
Fishers Parks & Recreation offers nature and recreation camps that focus on education, outdoors and fun! This summer, campers can choose between 16 different nature and recreation summer camps, each focusing on different themes, activities and games.
As you browse the summer camp brochure, be on the lookout for brand new camps coming this summer and camps that are back by popular demand!
We would love for your child to join us for a summer of fun. Your child is welcome to attend one camp, or as many camps as they would like! An emergency contact form must be completed for all children registering for a camp. See the Quick Links box to find the appropriate emergency contact form for your child's camp. If registering online, please bring this form with you on the first day of camp. Registration begins Monday, March 2nd for the upcoming summer, and can be completed one of three ways:
- Register Online - Create an account and/or verify your log in information before registration day. Sometimes this process can take a few days, so we recommend obtaining your log in and password as soon as possible.
- In person at 11565 Brooks School Road anytime Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Via the US Mail
- Well-rounded camp experience focused on a variety of physical, mental, and social learning opportunities.
- Unique, themed camp each week including sports, water, outdoor exploration, nature, art, crafts, science, pottery, and other interests.
- T-shirt per registered camp, to be worn each day of camp.
- Engagement in age-appropriate activities and crafts daily.
- Outstanding counselor-to-camper ratios.
- Procedures to ensure camper's safety, including medical forms on-site and photo identification requirements for sign-out.
*Friday, 5/29 is a Snow Day Make-Up Day. Your child can come to school that day. You should have received a Skylert. If you have any questions please let Becky know.