DNE October Update
News & Information from Dena'ina Elementary School
Digital Citizenship Week
CLICK HERE for more info from Common Sense Media and Wide Open School.
Updated Homework Policy
CLICK HERE for the updated homework policy.
CLICK HERE to make sure you know how your child returns to school after traveling out of Alaska.
Behavioral Health Services @ School
**This is not the same as services provided by our school counselor, Heather Shomler. Mrs. Shomler's purpose is to help implement social emotional learning lessons, be available to help with conflict resolution, teach social skills and help students manage their behavior. If you would like to learn more about our school counselor, CLICK HERE for her newsletter.
Bus Safety & Bus Driver Appreciation Week
Original Artworks Fundraiser
Students worked hard on some amazing art projects last week for our annual Original Artworks Fundraiser. Their artwork and ordering information was sent home this week.
ORDERS ARE DUE BACK BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30TH in order to receive the items before winter break in case you want to purchase them as Christmas gifts.
Closure Information - What if?
Here are a few pieces of info to know in the event of a long term closure (2 weeks or more):
- Grades K & 1 - teachers will provide you with the materials they need to work at home plus they can access Lexia and RAZ Kids.
- Grades 2-5 - students will work on ELA and Math through Buzz. A few students have different plans that will be communicated to the parents, based on student need.
- If your family does not have internet access, please make sure your child's teacher knows so they can get materials to you.
- Meals will be available for pick up at Redington or a nearby bus stop again. For families that cannot get to a pick up location we will once again make daily deliveries.
- We will have specific information go out about picking up chromebooks or materials.
- Students will already know their logins for anything online they need to do but parents will receive a reminder on how to help them log in.