Art City Eagles
October 11, 2021
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Break this Thursday and Friday! No School!! Have a safe and enjoyable extra long weekend.
Parent conferences is next week. If you have not received a Sign Up Genius from your child's teacher, please contact them. We want to be able to visit with all parents.
Halloween is coming up! We love celebrating Halloween at school. This year we will celebrate on Friday, Oct. 29. Students may dress up, but Halloween masks are not permitted at school. We will have a school parade beginning at 2:00. We will not parade through the gym, but we will parade outside. If you would like to see all the cute costumes, please be out back around 2:00. We will come out the doors by the 4th grade room, and walk south around the building, across the front and back inside.
COVID information is below in this newsletter. If you haven't read through this information lately, please take a moment to do so.
PE this week:
Music this week: K-3rd Listening Map of Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saens) 4-5th Recorder - learning "G", "A" and "B". White Belt Song "Hot Cross Buns"
Computers this week: 1-2 grades continue using Teach Your Monster to Read. 3rd grade will learn the Google Docs basics, and 4th grades will work on an "All About Me" assignment in Google Docs. 5th grade won't have computers this week, have a lovely Fall Break!
Library this week: All grades will be preparing for book fair week! We will see some book previews from Scholastic and enjoy reading some of the titles that will be coming to book fair! We will also have some book talks on some of the chapter books that will be available at the fair and in our library.
See picture below for the Reflections Theme for this year. Deadline is October 13. Scan the QR code or go to www.pta.org for rules and information. You can also email Paulette Carter at email@example.com
The Art City Elementary School PTA is excited to be hosting a Scholastic Book Fair!
Shop in person October 18th-21st in the Art City Elementary School gym.
Monday, October 18th:11:25-12:25 and 1:45-2:45
Tuesday, October 19th: 11:25-12:25 and 2:30-3:30
Wednesday, October 20th: 11:25-12:25 and 2:30-3:30
Thursday, October 21st: 11:25-12:25 and 2:30-7:00
Shop online October 13th-October 26th @ https://www.scholastic.com/bf/artcityelementaryschool
**We are in need of volunteers to help with set up on Wednesday, October 13th and to work at the fair each day from the 18th through the 21st. Please check out our Sign Up Genius link to see if there's a shift that you'd be able to help out with:
Oct. 13: 4th Grade field trip to This Is The Place
Oct. 13: Reflections Due
Oct. 14-15: Fall Break - No School
Oct. 18-21: Book Fair
Oct. 20: Picture re-take/make up day
Oct. 21: Parent Conferences
Oct. 22: No School Parent Conference Comp Day
Oct. 25-29: Olympic Safety Week (Red, Green, White Ribbon weeks recognized)
Oct. 29: Halloween Celebrated - Parade at 2:00. Parents gather in back field.
November: Celebrating Gratitude Month
Nov. 3: PTA Arts Night at Springville Museum of Art - Free - More info coming
Nov. 4: Emergency Drill
Nov. 10: Art City to present at School Board Meeting
Nov. 17: BYU Basketball Day - Grades 1-5 attending BYU Women's Basketball game
Nov. 24-26: No School - Thanksgiving Break
COVID/Before and After School/Lunch Procedures
Updated COVID Information: The Utah County Health Department has asked us to share the attached document. It contains information about their updated process for using the “Automatic Contact Tracing” system to notify parents of 6-12 grade families about potential COVID-19 exposure and quarantine. They will also use this system on a more limited basis in K-5 grades.
- Masks are NOT required. Any adult or student that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so. Those who wish to wear a mask will have our full support.
- As per Health Department instruction, time limits in the lunchroom will continue. Students will have 14 minutes in the lunchroom. We will continue to have outside picnic days for lunch as weather permits. Outside picnic days are so much fun, and students are not held to a time limit since they are spread out on the lawn.
- We will continue to enter and exit from outside classroom doors. This helps us prevent large gatherings in the lobby. As much as possible, please have your children arrive between 8:35-8:45 unless they are eating breakfast. Teachers will be at their outside door to welcome their students at 8:35 each morning. The playground is open, and supervision begins at 8:20.
- Breakfast service begins at 8:15. Students may come right in the front doors and go into the cafeteria to have breakfast. Service ends at 8:40. After students finish eating they may go outside to play on the playground.
- If a positive case of COVID occurs in a class, parents will receive an email letter from our school nurse. You will either receive a letter or a google form to complete. The letter is a form letter, and will contain recommendations for students in that class. Be aware that letters are sent out to the entire class, not just to those students who are sitting by a positive test result like we did last year.
- Students who test positive or have a family member living in the home they reside that tests positive, will need to quarantine. Teachers will provide instruction for students who are on quarantine.
- Water fountains are on and can be used. Students may still bring a water bottle if they wish.
- Sanitizing will continue! Sanitizing stations are in each classroom, by the lunchroom door, in the lobby and in the office. Teachers will continue to have students sanitize at the beginning of the day, when coming in from recess, before and after lunch and anytime a student uses the restroom.
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissed
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center