Tiziano Vecellio (Titian)
Painting then inspiring now
He is the oldest of four kids, his fathers name was Gregorio Vecellio and was a distinguished solider,counselor, and was the superintendent of castle Pieve de Cadoe. Man Titian had lot of pressure on him to be great.
When he was round the age of 11 his brother, Frances Vecellio, went to live with their uncle so they could get n apprenticeship with the painter Gentile Bellini they then later transferred to his brother Giovanni Bellini. After a while Titian became mosaic artist. (this was before he became painter.
Paintings. fresco, and portraits
Titian made lot of artwork here are a few:
- Portrait of Charles the Fifth
- Portrait of Pope Paul the Third
- Bacchus and Ariadne
- Allegory of Prudence
- Bacchanal (The Andrians)
Impact on today
- Around 1533, Titian was hired as a court painter for Charles V of the Holy Roman Emperor, and awarded the title Count Palatine and knight of the Golden Spur by the Emperor.
- Had three kids Pompino, Orazio, and Lavinia
- His brother Francesco became an artist as well, but never had the popularity that Titian had.