Mountain View Weekly Update
Announcements & Updates
- Important announcements for 8th grade parents:
- Please review the contents of the email from Mrs. Lanka sent on January 2 as it contains important information regarding high school registration and the upcoming Open House.
- Please review the contents of the email sent on November 26 for important information regarding the Washington, D.C. trip in June. Note that the communication also contains a link to a permission slip which must be completed to secure your child's spot on the trip.
- Baby photographs for the Yearbook must be submitted by February 1. Questions? Contact Ms. Huang.
- Deadline extended! Calling all 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Girls!! The Mt. View Guidance Department is happy to co-sponsor, along with the HSA and Parent Advocate Mrs. Patyk, a Girls Leadership workshop in February. Please complete the survey below by January 11 so we can schedule this 4-week series at a time that is best for the majority of our families. We look forward to bringing this amazing workshop to Mendham!
For more than fourteen years, Girls Leadership, a national nonprofit organization, has awakened thousands of girls to a life of authentic leadership. Co-founded by educator and social entrepreneur Simone Marean and bestselling author and educator Rachel Simmons, we provide transformational programs to girls, their parents, caregivers and their educational communities. In this workshop, pairs will practice skills to build and strengthen their authentic voice. Girls and Grown-ups will have the opportunity to bond and have fun in a safe environment, and develop a common language to face challenges together.
Program Summary (4 2-hour sessions)
Week One: Dealing with Difficult Friends
Week Two: Emotional Intelligence
Week Three: Making Mistakes & Not So Funny Jokes
Week Four: Four Steps for Healthy Conflict
Price: $305 per Girl & Grown-Up pair
Financial Assistance information will be available on the website when the program opens for registration.
CLICK HERE to take brief survey.
Play, Sweat, & Have Fun!
Mark your calendars
- 1/10: 7:40 a.m. rehearsal for Junior Band
- 1/11: Advisory meetings