Love of Learning
A love of learning is one of the passions every child should have. One way to gain that love is to share books that expose students to the many cultures and peoples that have helped make the world what it is today. Research skills must include the discovery of information using all media and validating those resources. Presentation of information may take many forms: diorama, digital story, slide show, podcast, skit, readers' theater, traditional report. Determining the format is an exploration taken together in the media center.
Who doesn't have a favorite book from Dr. Seuss?
Peter Sis, Avi, Ben Mikailsen, Pam Munoz Ryan, Donna Jo Napoli - inspiring, emotional, awesome authors!
I get to travel the world and beyond while curled up by a fire with a kitten and hot chocolate.
- Alexander Hamilton School (grades 3-5), Morris School District. 1999-present.
- Instilling love of learning through literature, WebQuests, and podcasts.
- Supporting teachers in their journey through Web 2.0 tools.
- Coordinator of yearly author visits: Dan Gutman, Michael Dooling, Douglas Florian, Elizabeth Levy, David A. Adler
- Gilder-Lehrman Institute of American History grant recipient: Using Primary Documents in the Digital Age
- Morris Educational Foundation grants recipient: WebQuests, iEARN, graphic novels
- Square and Round dancer