By: Denisse Carrillo
1. Hearth-the floor of a fire place
Book: " she curled up on the stone hearth, which was cool on her burned paws" page 63
My sentence: They were sitting around the hearth.
2. Plod-walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps
Book: " how sad that she was forced to plod through the woods with me as I stumbled" page 65
My sentence: We plodded back up the hill.
3. Famished- extremely hungry
Book: " that's how famished she was" page 69
My sentence: The hikers were famished by the time they reached camp.
While I was reading...
1. The question I thought about was why would Green change her name to Ash because she felt like she was herself anymore.
2. I think what may happen next is that Green is will start to heal because I believe something good will happen.
3. As I was reading I pictured how Green was change because she was being nice to her neighbor and giving her food.
4. I made a connection to self when I read it because I know how it is to help others instead of themselves.
1.Green says- most of the ashes have fallen to the ground, leaving the horizon a faint washed out blue.
2.Green thinks- that her sister was cleaning the ashes
3. Green makes others feel good- because she gives food to her neighbor and heather.
4. Green does- makes food for the two dogs, two birds, a hawk, her neighbor and a boy she calls diamond.
5. Diamond looks- like a boy who lost he mother and does like to show his face.