Relay For Life University
Week 1 | Welcome
Welcome to the American Cancer Society, and to the Relay For Life team! Your decision to join the Relay family is a great one, and we are excited to have you on board. This is an incredible organization that cannot provide the life saving programs and services without the amazing work you will be doing. Whether you know it yet or not, your job here is literally helping save lives, and put an end to cancer!
In order to help prepare you for this incredible job, your training starts TODAY! Over the next 3 months you will work closely with your Sr. Manager and the Relay For Life training team to as you learn all there is to know about your role as a Relay Specialist. Please know that we are in this together, and confident you will come out of your on-boarding training ready to lead your volunteers into successful Relay For Life events!
How this will work...
What you will focus on for Week 1...
Get Out of that Office and Into That Car...
Over the next few weeks you will spend a portion of your week out with your manager or a member of your team to shadow their days in their community. Your job on days where you are shadowing is to watch what they do and ask questions. Their job while you are shadowing is to talk to you about what they are doing, why they are doing it, and maybe even give you a chance to try it out!
Your Tasks For This Week
- Join your Yammer Cohort Group and introduce yourself. Be sure to check out the weekly challenge!
- Join your manager in the field and observe what a typical day in the life of a Relay For Life Specialist is really like.
- Join your manager in your weekly check-in meeting
- Introduce yourself on Yammer and set up your personal profile
- Take the Week 1 Challenge and tell 5 new people about the American Cancer Society and Relay For Life. Share your results in your Yammer Cohort Group
- Finally, complete your weekly Personal Log and Reflection. This will be assigned to you via Society Pathways or you can access by clicking here.