The Great Depression
1. The Great Depression lasted from 1929 till the start of WWII in 1939.
2. Economic problmes along with the stock market crash started the depression.
3. Over stocking and the mass industrial production created a large amount of debt acted as a cattilist to the depression.
4. The credit card created a great deal of national debt among the people.
5. Many died of starvation due to unemployment. Soup kitchens were common to feed the unemployed.
1. Issued the "New Deal", a virety of programs used to improve economic conditions.
2. 12.9 million shares of stock were sold in one day.
3. WWII relieved the Depression and dropped the unemployment rate to 2%.
Franklin D. Rosevelt
Presedint rosevelt served 12 years, at the depth of the depression. In his first 100 days in office he launched the "New Deal". This was multiple programs desined to help the recovery of the econamy. He lead our nation into WWII which dropped unemploment to about 2%. He restored our nations prosperity and pride.
Amadeo, Kimberly. "The Great Depression of 1929." About.com US Economy. N.p., 17 Dec. 2010. Web. 13 Jan. 2014.