Become a Better Communicator
Are you looking for a way to improve your communication skills with your manager or peers? During this interactive workshop, you will be provided with the tools and techniques to communicate and hear others clearly. These skills will help you respond appropriately with clarity and confidence.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify their communication style
- Learn effective communication techniques
- Understand how they are perceived
- Demonstrate the many issues of misunderstanding that can occur in a one-way communication
- Apply good listening and questioning skills in the workplace
- Increase the awareness of the impact of nonverbal communication
- Provide feedback using a specific model
This course focuses on the following:
- Improving communications with co-workers, peers, and supervisors
- Understanding the effects of perception
- Giving and receiving criticism, directions, and compliments
- Listening actively for better understanding
The course will begin with an introduction of communication styles and techniques. The participants will then have an opportunity to discuss individual skills and practice using case scenarios. These activities will be followed by an examination of specific problems, an opportunity to ask questions, and development of a post-course plan of action.
The Art of Effective Communication
Wednesday, Oct. 18th, 8:30am-12:30pm
4501 Leeland Street
Cost : $35
Manager approval is required.