Singer Sewing Company
Facts About Singer
- Made different things before the sewing machine.
- First Patent was for a rock drilling machine.
- He Went to New York to Visit the Shop of Orson Phelps.
- A Lerow and Blodgett sewing machine was being repaired in the shop.
- Phelps asked Singer to look at the sewing machine.
- Singer concluded that the sewing machine would work better if the shuttle moved in a straight line instead of a circle and used a straight needle instead of a curved needle.
- Singer obtained a patent for his improvements in August 12,1851
- His improved sewing machine could produce 900 stitches per minute.
- He was the first to put a family sewing machine on the market for $10.
- He intended to selling his rock drilling machine to pay for his acting career.