The Disaster occurred in Nepal ,April 2015
Nepal the Earthquake reasons
Casualties and Destruction Occur in Nepal
Measures for Earthquake
- build structures in firm land and take steps to minimize the extent of damage
- keep important documents in safe box
- make sure you have first aid kit and flashlights ,etc. and put together an emergency kit.
- if you are in home ,stay under heavy furniture such as table ,desk or any solid furniture
- if you are outside ,stay there and move away from posts ,trees and buildings ,as they can uproot during earthquakes.
- keep calm
- be prepared for more after shocks
- stay out of damaged buildings and areas
- stay away from beaches
Challenges Faced by the Rescue Team
Blocked roads,Collapsed buildings and continuing aftershocks pose major setbacks for emergency crews searching for survivors in the Capital. Widespread destruction ,rubble and landslides are preventing access to provide aid in many villages .Kathmandu and the surrounding towns are now crammed over crowded and often poorly constructed buildings are on the valley floor these made rescue efforts almost impossible.
in keeping with its commitment to humanitarian causes ,India led the way in rescue and relief and first international response and assurance to the Nepalese people came from Indian prime minister and promptly dispatched strong contingent National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) .