Building Our Future-Ready Skills
Technological opportunities to help you grow! @MVeLearn
March 20, 2019
IVY Tech Evansville Public Education Foundation Technology Showcase
Student Voices From MSD of Mt. Vernon
Brenda Zoller's Pi Day!
Meghann Herrenbruck and Tricia Goodyear - Moon Phases
Dawn Bowen and Debriefing!
"When you provide opportunities for your group (especially young people) to discuss what they’ve learned, they:
- Learn to take turns when speaking
- Learn to value other people’s opinions
- Are exposed to new thoughts
- Can have their own opinions validated by hearing from others with the same beliefs
- Become more bonded as a group by sharing thoughts and opinions
- Reflect their level of understanding of a particular skill / topic
- Become more comfortable with expressing themselves in front of their peers.
Conducting a debrief doesn’t have to be hard, boring, or time-consuming. It can (and should) be fun, and extremely rewarding." https://www.playmeo.com/why-debrief/
Meghann Herrenbruck and Tricia Goodyear - Starbooks Cafe
Ashton Wagner and Goose Chase!
This fun game approach to learning was a hit with her students. Try it for free at Google Chase Edu. Special thanks to Karen Burke for her assistance!