Risks and Hazards of Thunderstorms
By: Owin Buschur
Big Storm lots of energy what could possibly happen ?
Thunderstorms generally produce winds in excess of 50 mph.
There is a reason they're called Thunderstorms !
Bring the rain.
Most Common Cause Of Death and Injury
2. Structural damage from high winds and tornadoes cause around 70 deaths and nearly 1500 injuries annually.
3.Lightning Strikes causes around 60 deaths and 300 injuries in the United States yearly.
Ways to Avoid Injury.
1. Stay on high ground during intense rain.
2. Do not leave and drive around in the storm or in the high water.
During a Lightning Storm.
1. Don't touch any conductive material such as telephone lines or pipes.
2. Don't venture out into the open such as a field.
3. Stay away from tall trees and stay low to the ground.
During High winds or a Tornado.
1. Stay in an interior room of a strong building.
2.If in a car stop, get out and lay in the ditch with a low profile to reduce wind resistance.
3. If outside don't venture towards trees or power lines.