FPHS Parent and Student Memo
Nov 30, 2020
Dear Parents and Students,
- Last call for PE locker items from last year! Most students already picked up their items at the beginning of the school year. However, we still have about 10 lockers with leftover items remaining. Please, call the main office to schedule a time to pick those up before Friday, Dec. 4 if you want them. After that, they will be donated. Thank you!
- Students, we hope that the new schedule has allowed you more time with your teachers and will require less time from you working independently on homework. Communication is key! If you feel like you're falling behind or you're already behind and need help catching up, please email your teachers to let them know so they can help you get on track.
Please, make sure you have all the info below. We miss you and wish you all the very best. Stay safe and be well!
December Culture Calendar
December is ...
- Universal Human Rights Month. Learn more HERE.
12/3: International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Learn more HERE.
12/10 - 12/18: Hanukkah. Learn more HERE.
12/10: Human Rights Day. Learn more HERE.
12/12: Fiesta de Guadalupe. Learn more HERE.
12/25: Christmas. Learn more HERE.
12/26: Kwanzaa. Learn more HERE.
12/31: New Years Eve. Learn more HERE.
Cardinal Character Trait for December: GRATITUDE!
A message from our Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, Ms. Bonita Lee:
Hello FP Community,
1. Please, watch the video below for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month (Nov).
2. Please, see the document below to earn a Renter's Readiness Certificate.
If you have any questions, please reach out.
Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
LIFE AFTER HIGH SCHOOL:
Homework Center: Free Tutoring Daily
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 11am to 12pm and 2pm - 4pm.
- Wednesdays: 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm.
HW Center LINK.
Parents and Athletes,
The condition program has been a success and will continue after we return from the Thanksgiving break. The program will still only take place outdoors in the stadium from 3:30PM – 4:45PM. The new additional dates are the following Tuesdays and Thursdays (12/1, 12/3, 12/8, 12/10, and 12/15) Any additional dates or continuation of this program will be communicated out through email, from coaches, and through social media.
If you have not registered yet and would like to take part. Here is the link to register for the program.
When athletes arrive we ask that they wear masks before leaving motor vehicles or arriving on campus. We ask that athletes practice social distancing guidelines while staff members perform pre-participation testing requirements that include daily temperature checks.
Parents please help in ensuring these safety protocols are followed. These protocols are essential in ensuring the continuation of the program and ensuring the safety of our coaches, athletes, and community.
As a reminder, here are the preparticipation protocols and requirements for participating athletes.
FPSD Daily Screening Protocols
· All coaches, student-athletes and approved school personnel are required to complete an in-person COVID-19 Screening PRIOR to entrance to the training session.
· Temperature will be taken of each person attending the training session.
· Screening questions will be asked of each person attending the training session. This allows coaches to interact directly with the student-athlete.
· Any coach or student-athlete answering yes will not be allowed to enter the facility or practice. Contact parent/guardian immediately about next steps and pick-up from practice.
· No parents or spectators will be allowed at Fall Training in-person practices. Only coaches, student-athletes cleared for practice, athletic trainers, and approved school personnel will be permitted. Others are welcome to wait in their vehicle or return after practice for student pick-up.
· Coaches will receive training/instruction on all screening protocol prior to conducting any training session.
· Cloth masks will be properly worn by student-athletes any time they are not participating in drills. Entering and exiting the facility, moving around the facility, occupying the sideline, etc. To the extent possible masks should be worn during training.
· Students will bring their own clothing, towels, and other personal equipment. Sharing of any equipment is NOT allowed.
· Everyone will bring their own container of water to drink. Sharing is NOT allowed. Water faucets will not be available to use.
· Gathering size meets TPCHD and State DOH guidelines. This number will depend on multiple criteria such as TPCHD metric status, State DOH Guidelines, WIAA guidelines for each sport, indoor or outdoor training, and capacity of the facility.
· Maintain distancing protocols per State DOH, WIAA and TPCHD guidelines.
· Practicing physical distancing of more than 6 feet is always required of all participants.
SENIOR Yearbook Photos!
Hello Seniors!This is a reminder from your FPHS Yearbook Crew that senior portraits are due by 12/1. Below are instructions on how to upload them online (do not send photos via email). Please, remember this is for seniors only. Underclassmen who want to submit photos will have the opportunity to do so at a later date. Thanks!
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Franklin Pierce HS Website
- FPS Remote Learning Website
- IT Help Desk for Students and Parents: 253-298-4647, 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- FPS Breakfast and Lunch Program: www.fpschools.org/meals
- FPS Education Resources: https://www.fpschools.org/exended-closure-resources-and-information/closure-educational-resources
- Want to add Canvas to your phone? Android or iOS. Once you download the app, search "fpschools" to find our district.
- FPHS Facebook page.
- Information about GRADES and GRADING.
- Information about BUSES.
- District CALENDAR.
- Information about ATTENDANCE.
- How to access and use DORA.
- Zoom Tutorial HERE.
COVID- 19 Resources:
- District Website: https://www.fpschools.org/
- Gov. Inslee's COVID-19 updates web page: https://www.governor.wa.gov/tags/covid-19-coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- District resources and partners: https://www.fpschools.org/departments/family-engagement-office/community-resources
- Check with your phone and internet provider: many providers are offering free and/or unlimited data, internet etc. during the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order.
- Financial Resources: https://dfi.wa.gov/coronavirus/financial-resources
DAILY/WEEKLY SCHEDULE: (Note: 2pm to 3pm is asynchronous/homework time for students)
PIERCE COUNTY SKILLS CENTER SCHEDULE:
Need help with time management or organization?
If you're noticing that managing asynchronous time has become a challenge, please use the Weekly Planner attachment below to organize your day. If you're organized and managing your time wisely, you should be finished with all of your schoolwork by 3pm each day. If you're using this planner and still not able to finish by 3pm, please contact your teachers or the HW Center for additional help.