Cannon Elementary Learning Commons
Annual Storybook Pumpkin Challenge
Storybook Pumpkin Challenge!
Cannon Library is hosting a Storybook Pumpkin Challenge for any scholar who would like to enter. At home, families can decorate a pumpkin as their favorite book character, and bring the decorated pumpkin to the library on Monday, October 26, 2015 between 7:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m. The pumpkins will be on display for viewing from Monday, October 26 until Friday, October 30th from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Winners will be announced on Friday, October 30th at our Morning Assembly.
2. Pumpkins may NOT be carved. Pumpkins may be painted, drawn or colored with magic markers, paints, etc. but NOT carved. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, pipe cleaners, fabric scraps, cardboard, glitter, construction paper, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin. Paste or glue may also be used. There are many cute ideas on Pinterest!!
3. Entry should be accompanied by a folded card that will be placed beside the design including the following information:
- Side 1- Student Name, Grade, Homeroom Teacher
- Side 2- Storybook Character Name, Book Title, Author/Illustrator
4. Entries are due on Monday, October 26 (7:45-3:00pm) Please bring them directly to the library.
5. Pumpkins must be picked up on Friday, October 30th by 3:00pm. Pumpkins not picked up by the above date and time will be discarded. Sorry, absolutely no exceptions.
6. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Judges will be voting based on originality and creativity. The decisions of the judges are final.
Remember this Family Fun event is completely optional! :)
Still Have Questions? Ask Mrs. Berumen!