What's Happening in PBS?
Week of 9/22-9/25
First off, the next few weeks will be a bit interesting and I appreciate your patience in advance. I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and this past weekend I had to go to the ER and have emergency surgery. Baby and I are doing fine, but I am now on bed rest for the next week and a half. I will not be returning to school until Thursday, October 1st.
So while I am gone...here is the game plan for the kids
- Tuesday - work with partners on Blood Spatter Experimental Design and Blood Spatter Lab Report
- Wednesday - quiet review day (review turned in assignments, review notes, watch resource videos, etc)
- Thursday - Test day
- Friday - workday to finish up the Blood Spatter Experimental Design and Blood Spatter Lab Report (both are due Sunday at midnight).
Since I am not there, kids can ask me questions via the "inbox" feature on mypltw.org or they can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll do my best to clarify concepts that way before they test.
As for HOSA this week
- We start taking T-shirt orders this week. Order forms are due by Friday 9/25 and the money is due before the students can receive their shirts. Short sleeve is $10 and long sleeve is $15. Checks made out to Blue Springs Freshmen Center
- Knee Replacement Surgery Watch Party after school on Thursday in Mrs. Alexander's room (E11). It will be over around 3:30, kids need to have their own transportation home.
- Apples and Autos Event at St. Marys Manor on Saturday. More info here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4ba8a922abf85-stmarys2 I still need a volunteer to help in the kid's area.
- Harvesters visit is also this Saturday. More info here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f4ba8a922abf85-hosa1 We need to fill these 20 slots, we have made the commitment. These volunteer events are for the community and the kids' benefit and they look fantastic on future college applications.
Also, I will not be at conferences this week on Wednesday. If you would like to email me, we can talk about your student's progress that way instead. Thank you for understanding,