Mrs. Mitzel's Classroom News
Monday, November 17 - Friday, November 21, 2014
Friday, November 21 is NOT a 60% day, as I had previously posted in the newsletter! It is a regular school day. Students will be dismissed at the regular time.
- Thanksgiving Break - NO SCHOOL - Monday, November 24 - Friday, November 28. Classes Resume on Monday, December 1, 2014
- If you haven't sent in money for the Disney on Ice fieldtrip, please get it in ASAP!
- Turkey feathers are on sale until Thursday, Nov. 20th. The person with the most feathers will dress up as a turkey for everyone to see on November 21st!
- Please send in canned goods and nonperishable items by Friday morning, Nov. 21st. The class with the most donated items will receive a pizza party.
Don't miss the snack calendar for the next two weeks (listed below)
What we are learning this week:
Reading/Language: This week we will be learning about the first Thanksgiving, as well as Pilgrims and Indians. We will be reading stories and doing crafts and activities related to Thanksgiving.
Question of the week: What are you thankful for?
There will be no spelling words! :) :)
Math: Collecting and Using Data; Real Graphs, Bar Graphs, Picture Graphs, Tally Marks. Our math this week will also have a Thanksgiving related theme.
Spelling city assignments:
No Homework this week!
Thank you to everyone who sent in snacks last week!
If there are ever any problems with sending snacks, please let me know.
We have no peanut or other food allergies in our classroom :)
We currently have 27 students in our class.
Following is the schedule for the next two weeks:
Monday, November 17 - Clontia
Tuesday, November 18 - Jazlyn
Wednesday, November 19 - Thomas
Thursday, November 20 - LeAsia
Friday, November 21 - Jaden
Monday, December 1 - Gracie
Tuesday, December 2 - Dylan
Wednesday, December 3 - Felix
Thursday, December 4 - Roman
Friday, December 5 - Kael
- On your snack day, please send enough snacks for 27 students.
- If your snack requires additional supplies, such as cups, plates, spoons, straws, napkins, etc., please send those items too (we might not have those supplies in the classroom)