Fulmore Middle School Newsletter
Week of 2-1-16
From the Principal
Greetings Falcon Families,
Students jumped in full force to second semester at Fulmore MS. Many exciting projects are taking place, performances are being rehearsed, learning at high levels is occurring, and Falcon friendly fun happening daily. Thank you to our wonderful teachers for being so thoughtful with the activities and contents students are learning.
According to the Sleep Foundation teens need approximately nine-and-a-quarter hours of sleep each night for learning and health purposes. Please support our Falcons by seeing that they are getting a good night’s rest each night.
We are in the final days of Magnet shadow students from all over Austin visiting Fulmore. This year we are at an all-time high with shadow students and magnet applications at this point in the process. Magnet applications are due Friday, February 5th.
Please join me in congratulating our Fulmore Middle School’s 2015-2016 Teacher of the Year, Lucy Figueroa. Ms. Figueroa has been an educator for the past six years and previously taught at Mendez MS. She meticulously works to ensure the success of her students, not only in social studies, but in all subject areas. In addition to Ms. Figueroa’s teacher responsibilities, she serves as our afterschool coordinator. Ms. Figueroa is a graduate of Travis HS and is dedicated to giving back to the community in which she grew up in.
Enjoy the weekend.
Fulmore Middle School
The time has come to start our Spring Collection of Box Tops for Education! Our fall collection got us off to a great start! After computing district data, Fulmore is currently in 4th place for Middle School Box Top Collection in the district!! We are so close to catching the 3rd place school- Gorzycki, who is leading us by about 700 Box Tops (that is less than 1 Box Top per Fulmore Student!)!! Our goal by the end of the year is to slide past Gorzycki and finish the 2015-2016 year in 3rd place for Box Top Collection among AISD Middle Schools! You can help us by purchasing products that feature the pink Box Top Stamp in the corner, clipping the Box Top, and sending it to school with your child! All Box Tops should be turned into your child’s SEL teacher. We will have a competition again this semester, and each grade level SEL with the highest collection of Box Tops, will receive a popsicle party!! Help us reach our goal of 3rd place, and enough Box Tops to buy our full-body falcon costume!!
Sadler Means YWLA 1st Annual Girls Conference:
Sadler Means Young Women’s Leadership Academy will be hosting a conference from 8:45-1pm THIS Saturday, January 30, 2016 for middle school girls and their parent(s). Some of the topics that will be presented include: Stress and Stress Management, Dealing with Authority Figures, Anger Management, and Dealing with Grief and Loss. There will also be parent presentations covering topics including: How to Get Your Child to College, and How to Talk to Your Teen About Sex and Relationships. Breakfast and lunch are both included, childcare will be provided, and there is no cost to attend the event! This is a fantastic opportunity for our girls and parents to spend a Saturday together, and take away invaluable information! Please contact your child’s counselor if you are interested in attending!
Monday, Feb. 1st
*Instructional Leader on Duty: Renny Swan
*Career and Technology Education Month
*National African American Heritage Month
*Counselor Appreciation Week
*National School Counseling Week
3:45 – 8:00 p.m. All City Guitar Rehearsals – Advanced Guitar Ensemble – AISD PAC
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd
3:50 – 4:50 p.m. AVID Site Meeting – Portable A8
Thursday, Feb. 4th
12:30 – 8:00 p.m All City Guitar Rehearsals – Advanced Guitar Ensemble – AISD PAC
3:50 – 4:50 p.m. PBIS – Library
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Boys Basketball vs Mendez 7thA - Mendez
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Boys Basketball vs Mendez 8thA – Travis HS
6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Boys Basketball vs Mendez 7thB – Mendez HS
6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Boys Basketball vs Mendez 8thB – Travis HS
Friday, Feb. 5th
8:15 – 9:15 a.m. Parent Coffee - Library
Saturday, Feb. 6th
8:00 – 6:00 p.m. Region Choir Clinic and Concert – PAC
9:00 – 1:00 p.m. Magnet Application Review/Sat. Camp Planning – PDC
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Girls Soccer vs. Kealing
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 08, 2016
- 2/1/2016 to 2/29/2016 Career and Technology Education Month
- 2/1/2016 to 2/29/2016 National African American Heritage Month
- 2/7/2016 to 2/13/2016 Instructional Leader on Duty: Jeanne Spencer
- 2/8/2016 ﴾All day﴿ Travis Visit to complete Naviance for 8th graders. Location: Library.
- 7:45a to 9:00a PTA Board Meeting Location: Main Office Conference Room
- 4:00p to 5:00p CAC Location: Library
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 09, 2016
- 8:00a to 2:00p NAEP Testing ‐ 8th Gr. Location: TBD
- THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2016
- 2/11/2016 ﴾All day﴿ No Tardy Party 7th grade
- 2/11/2016 ﴾All day﴿ Travis Visit to complete Naviance for 8th Graders. Location: Library Subject to go through is TBD.
- 3:50p to 4:50p Staff Meeting
- 5:30p to 6:30p Boys BB vs. Martin 7thA Location: Fulmore
- 5:30p to 6:30p Boys BB vs. Martin 8th A Location: Martin
- 6:30p to 7:30p Boys BB vs. Martin 7th B Location: Fulmore
- 6:30p to 7:30p Boys BB vs. Martin 8th B Location: Martin
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2016
- 8:00a to 1:00p Special Education Bowling Schedule
- 3:00p to 5:30p 8th Grade Valentine's Dance Location: Cafeteria & Lobby
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2016
- 9:00a to 1:00p Magnet Application Review Location: PDC
- 9:00a to 10:00a Girls Soccer vs. Webb Location: Travis HS