International Youth Exchange
The name and the dates of the project were chosen not by coincident. On the December, 19th is Saint Nikolas Day celebrating in Ukraine who is Ukrainian "relative" of Santa Claus. Usually on this day children receive presents and celebrate this holiday with their families. The participants will work together to make holiday for orphan children with physical disabilities, so they do not feel lonely on this day. Our idea is not just to make performance for children, but to involve them into interactive theatre presentation and communication. Meeting the group of enthusiastic group of young people coming from different countries, communication with them will be valuable life lesson and motivation for children in their future lives.
Aims and objectives
- promotion and enhancing of the active citizenship among European youth;
- inclusion of people with fewer opportunities;
- promotion local volunteering;
- fostering of tolerance among young people;
- understanding of cultural diversity;
- promotion international cooperation in the youth field.
- young people of 18-25 y. o.;
- personally interested in the topic of youth exchange;
- motivated to take active part in the project;
- motivated to share the experience gained during the project in their communities and use the obtained knowledge on practice;
- majority of participants have never been abroad and never participated in the international meetings like that;
- most of participants are the young people with fewer opportunities.
Food: you will have three meals and two coffee-breaks a day. Please, inform about your food habits and needs (fast, vegetarian, vegan etc).
Working language: English.
Internet Access: free wifi is available at the venue.
Plugs: the type of the plugs in Ukraine is European. Make sure that you have adapters for your electrical devises.
What to bring with you:
- “Standard youth exchange equipment”: an alarm clock, any dictionaries you might require, music, musical instruments, comfortable clothes, personal first aid kit, swimming suite etc;
- Additionally we will inform you about the things which you need to prepare and bring for the programme elements.
Crossing the border and identification in Ukraine
While crossing the border you might be asked to provide information about the hosting organization:
Center for Euronitiatives
22 Naberezhna r. Strilky Street
40009, Sumy, Ukraine
+38 (0542) 79-86-68
Participants from Ukraine: bring your national IDs (national passport, driver license or student ID card).
The day of departure: 21 December 2017
How to get to Ukraine:
We will organize your trip from the airport to the venue:
1) If you fly to Kharkiv: the trip will take around 2-3 hours (250 UAH ~ 9 EUR, one way);
2) If you fly to Kyiv: the trip will take around 6-7 hours (300 UAH ~ 11 EUR, one way).
If your group will be coming by private bus please inform us about your approximate arrival time to the venue.
Ukrainian participants, please plan your trip to Sumy. The trip from the venue to Sumy is around 2 hours (180 UAH ~ 7 EUR, one way).
Group leaders: before buying any tickets for your groups, please contact Larisa Kondratenko (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide her information about your group travel plans (means, place of arrival, timing, prices). She will consult you about the best travel solutions and will help you to arrange your trip to the venue.
Maximum amounts to be reimbursed (EUR):
Georgia - 275
Italy - 360
Poland - 275
Ukraine - 20
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Important: the reimbursement of travel costs for participants will be done via bank transfer to the bank account provided, upon presentation of all required original travel documents.
Group leaders: you are welcome to consult with us before purchasing the tickets for your group. Please make the copies (better scan or photo) of all the tickets and invoices before your arrival to the youth exchange. Email those to Larisa Kondratenko (email@example.com).
Currency in Ukraine
Please check the weather forecast before coming and make sure that you have an appropriate cloth.
Some Ukrainian words
Hi. Привіт. (prih-VEET) [informal] Вітаю. (vee-TAH-yoo) [formal]
How are you? Як справи? (yak SPRA-vy?) / Як ty? (yak ty?)
Fine, thank you. Добре, дякую. (DOH-breh, DYAH-koo-yoo)
Please. Будь ласка (bood' LAH-skah)
Thank you. Дякую. (DYAH-koo-yoo)
Yes. Так. (tahk)
No. Ні. (nee)
Do you speak English? Ви розмовляєте англійською? (vih roz-mow-LA-yeh-teh an-HLEE-skoh-yoo?)
Dariusz Figura – coordinator of the project from applicant organization Kulturas biedriba Fundacja Teatrikon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Larisa Kondratenko – logistic support of the project from hosting organization Center for Euroinitiatives, email@example.com