Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - June 2019
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Dr. Levinowitz called the meeting to order and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. He also called for a moment of silence in memory of Esther Park, our MGES student who passed away last week. Dr. Levinowitz then yielded the floor to Dr. Kim who spoke about Esther Park.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
The first community input period is limited to presentation and action items only; however, there was no community input.
Education Committee (Curriculum, Technology, and Pupil Services) Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board reviewed the monthly enrollment report and then approved the following actions: summer curriculum projects, two professional development agreements, District funding of PSATs, software subscriptions, materials for Fountas & Pinnell literacy program, student activities, and professional conferences.
- Technology - The Board approved a proposal from Google Cloud for Education for Desktop as an alternative to refreshing the high school digital media and CAD labs. The Board also approved/renewed an extension of the eSchool IEP Plus student information system through August 2019 for the purposes of completing 2018-2019 state reporting.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved a sub-grant agreement for IDEA, and a service agreement with the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services for Pennsylvania School-Based ACCESS Program (SBAP). The Board also approved three educational agreements and summer curriculum projects.
Operations Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the disposal of excess, obsolete, and non-repairable equipment.
- Other Approvals - The Board also approved: renewal of internet services contract, proposal to complete 10G fiber backbone in the elementary schools, VMWare server refresh, PECO pole relocation, road improvements at Twining Rd. and Limekiln Pike, underground storage tank removal at SRMS, change order credit for modulars, submission of PlanCon parts D, E & F, agreements the Upper Dublin Township for SRMS construction, and purchase of buses.
Finance Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routines matters such as the review of the treasurer's report and payments of bills.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved a budgetary transfer to Capital Projects, several insurance policies, supply bids, an appraisal services agreement, an assessment appeal Settlement Agreement for 1125 Virginia Drive, the Solicitor's proposal, and resolutions for Homestead/Farmstead Exclusion Act and the final budget and funding for SY 2019-2020.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, resignations, leaves of absences, changes of status, Induction completion, and summer school changes.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a Memorandum of Understanding for Curriculum Leaders, summer hiring authorization for Administration, and salary increases for Act 93 administrators, Audio-Visual Support Production Specialist, and the Superintendent. The Board also approved the appointment of Ashley Kitten, Director of Human Resources, as Upper Dublin School District's Management Trustee Representative to the Bucks & Montgomery County Schools Health Care Consortium, beginning July 1, 2019, for a two year term.
Policy Committee Recommendations
Policy and Administrative Regulations Approvals - The Board approved the following:
- Student Athletics (123) - Policy and Administrative Regulation
- Homework (130) - Policy and Administrative Regulation *This will continue to be a topic of conversation moving forward.
- Sabbatical Leaves and Other Compensated Professional Leaves (338) - Policy and Administrative Regulations
- Wellness (246) - Administrative Regulation
Affirmation of First Readings - The Board affirmed a first reading of the following policies:
- Employment Contract/Board Resolution
- Uncompensated Leave (339)
- Crowdfunding (355)
- Conflicts of Interest (360)
- Sanitation Management (703)
Several first and second repeals of employee policies that will be combined into the 300s.
In Other Business...
- Announcement of Dr. Robert Kim's impending resignation due to moving from the area
- Affirmation of list of Graduates
- Approval of the Adolescent Sleepiness Task Force
- Approval of the Strategic Action Plans
- Appointment of Board Secretary
- Liaison Committee Reports - Board members provided reports on upcoming meetings.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Roos provided the Sunshine announcement and also spoke about a class action lawsuit against Juul distributors.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
The following topics were discussed by meeting attendees during the second community input period:
- Sandy Run Middle School Flooding
- Homework AR
- State Funding for Education
- Farewells and Thank You for Ms. Bray and Mr. Sigafoos