K-12 Career Awareness Coordinator
What do I do?
My name is Missy Emerine and I am the K-12 Career Awareness Coordinator for Penta Career Center. This is my 12th year of service as an educator. My passion in education lies with helping students become successful and career ready.
Here are some of the exciting things I will be doing this year:
K-6 Career Awareness
- Providing Career Awareness opportunities to students in our member schools
- Creating Career Awareness lessons and activities aligned to Ohio’s grade level standards
- Teaching Career Awareness lessons and activities to 2nd and 5th graders in some of our member schools
- Assisting teachers and school counselors with the successful implementation of quality Career Awareness related lessons and activities
- Assisting our member school leaders with the successful implementation of YouScience. The YouScience initiative has stemmed from an effort to expand Career Awareness and Exploration opportunities for all students in our five-county region. Through the use of YouScience, 7th through 12th grade students will engage in aptitude tests to identify and connect their natural talents with real-world careers. From there, students will create student success plans to use as a guide for course selection, career exploration and future planning.
- Assisting with the analysis and use of YouScience assessment results
- Assisting with the development of Student Success Plans
- Leading professional development training sessions for Penta staff and member school staff
- Planning and engaging in Career Awareness related events
Where am I located?
I am sharing Room 2210 with Heidi Christman. Please feel free to stop by or schedule a meeting. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org