Colour V.S. Non-Colour
Do colored candles affect how fast they burn?
What's it about?
Elena: I think that the white candle will burn the fastest because the red candle has artificial coloring in the wax which might slow the burning process.
Amelia:I think that the white candle will burn slower because it doesn't have the artificial colouring that the other candle has. The red candle will burn faster because the colouring could make it even more of a liquid instead of normal wax.
Time to experiment!
(Amelia) I went out and bought 2 10 inch candles wich are red and white and we will burn them for the same amount of time and see if our predictions where right
In conclusion Amelia's prediction was correct. She said that the red candle would burn faster because of the dye. The only difference is the dye in the candles. This experiment was a blast we are very happy with the results.
- Do coloured candles burn faster or slower than regular white candles?
- Lighter, candles (red) (white), two candle holders, timer, ruler(cm), sharpie.
- Set up conditions
- Candles that are 25.4 cm tall, 1.5 cm wide, and 0.5 cm in diameter
- Independant variable
- The independent variable would be the color of candles.
- Dependant variable
- The dependent variable would be the measurement of the candles