How the animal population is depleting so rapidly
How animals are facing rapid exctinction
Animals are now more than ever facing extinction. Almost 53% of animals with vertebrates have disappeared from 1970 through 2010. Without animals humans would cease to exist. Animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, etc. give us what we need to survive such as food, leather, milk, and other things
Whats caused this global pandemic?
Animals all over the global are feeling this "Human dominated world"
Snow Leopard in North America
3,500 - 7,000 left in the world
Galapagos Penguin in the Caribbean
3,200 left in the world
Humpback whale in the Pacific Ocean
only 30,000 - 40,000 left in existance
Global warming also has an impact on animals worldwide.
The black market, elephants, and the ivory obsession
- It would take 1.5 earths to replenish what humans have used on resources every year.
- 45% of animals have lost their habitat to expanding humans.
- Vertebrates in South and Central America have seen their numbers decline by 83%
- Freshwater habitats have seen the fastest decline in animal population which is 76% of all animals with backbones or vertebrates
- More than 18,000 species are on the verge of going extinct
- Marine animals have suffered a 39% population decrease over the last four decades