Job Interview Process
By: Hunter Fogle
Before the interview Tips
1. Set up a mock interview with a friend or a parent
2. Plan a route to the place you're applying for to get there on time.
3. Arrive on time to calm yourself down and get focused.
4. Prepare yourself for tough questions.
During the interview
- Take some notes on key points
- Listen carefully to what the interviewer has to say
- Speak clearly with confidence
- Be honest when answering questions, or when telling about yourself
5 COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND TIPS ON HOW TO ANSWER THEM
- Why Should We Hire You?- Tell them some of your strength and what you are good at
- What Are Your Weaknesses?- Tell them some of your weaknesses, then turn them into strengths
- Why Did You Leave Your Old Job?- State your reasons positively, and don't say bad things about your old job, or employers
- Where do you see yourself in five years- Answer relevant to what you are gonna do and say well at this job or at college etc.
- What did you like about your previous job- tell them what you liked most about your boss or other co workers
08 common Interview question and answers - Job Interview Skills
AFTER THE INTERVIEW
- Discuss with your references- Talk to all of your references and discuss the position with them
- Thank You Notes- After the interview send a thank you note to the employer to show them that you are fit for the job
- Call- You can always call the company to see if they have made a decision
DRESS FOR THE INTERVIEW
How To Dress- Always dress one or two steps above how they dress when they are working the job
- Have nice hair
- A nice suit, and maybe a tie
- Make sure shoes match with suit
- If you wear a tie make it simple
- Neat hairstyle
- Pants or knee length skirted suit
- Low or medium closed toe heels
- Nylons or dress socks
- Pressed collared shirt
How to Dress For Every Job Interview!
- Don't Make negative comments about past employers
- Don't arrive late BE ON TIME!
- Don't be rude and be polite.
- Don't chew gum chewing gum is impolite
- Don't use cell phone leave your cell phone in the car