Mission Elementary Weekly News
Week of November 15, 2020
- Safety first: slow down, observe traffic signs/rules, wait for a parking space and walk your student to the sidewalk; it is not safe for them to cross the road/parking by themselves.
- When picking-up students, you must show a large sign with the student’s name and grade (the teacher's last name for kinder).
- If you are picking your student by car, please enter through Carrey Road. If you are walking, please wait for your student by Gate 4; do not try getting your student at front of the school.
Thank you for your help, Ms. Robinson
What if Your Student Gets Sick?
Families are responsible for monitoring their student's health prior to sending/brining them to school by answering these four questions:
- Does your student have any of these symptoms? Fever (100 degrees and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Within the past 14 days, did your student have close contact with anyone that you know has had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms?
- Did your student have a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told your student to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
Close Contact as Defined: A "close contact" is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes over a 24-hour period before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to positive COVID-19 test) until the time the patient is isolated.
Important COVID 19 Resources:
- COVID-19 Guide for Families - Una guía para familias
- OUSD COVID 19 Dashboard
- School Health Resource Page COVID-19
- OUSD Safely Reopening OUSD website - Reapertura segura de OUSD.
- Commonly Asked Questions - Preguntas Comunes
- Mission Student & Family Re-Entry Presentation - Presentación de reingreso a Mission
- Mission Parent/Caregiver Handbook for Post COVID Return - En Español
- Return to Campus Safety Protocols Video - Procedimientos de reingreso a las escuelas
School Committee Meetings Update
All site and district parent committee and PTO meetings are open meetings, everyone is welcomed to attend.
Mission Elementary School
Office hours by appointment only:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Please call us and we will connect you to services, teachers and support staff:
Main Office: 760-966-8700
Health Office: 760-966-8721
To Report Absences: 760-966-8701
Technical Support: Go to Parent Resources for Virtual Learning