Clover Middle School - 2015
Why Should You Read Over the Summer?
- Reading is good for your brain!
- The more you practice reading, the better you'll be!
- If you read 4-5 books over the summer, you'll do better in school in the fall!
- Books will take you places when you are stuck at home!
We Can Be Everyday Heroes!
Heifer International developed the "Read to Feed" program to promote literacy while giving students a way to set off a chain reaction of positive change around the world. While reading over the summer, we can help poor families in need.
Alton Brown Explains How Heifer Passes on the Gift
Heifer International Read to Feed — Official Video
Begins June 5 - Ends August 16
How "Read to Feed" Works
- Get sponsors (friends, relatives, organizations, etc.).
- Sponsors set a pledge amount for each book read or unit of time spent reading--a quarter, a dollar, or any desired amount.
- Read books of your choice.
- Complete the Reading Record.
- At the end of the program, collect donations.
- Vote on the animal(s) to purchase.
- Help the people in need.
Those who participate will:
- Be invited to an ice cream social in August
- Be entered to win books and other prizes
- Vote on which animal(s) to purchase
Can't get sponsors?
You will still be invited to the ice cream social if you turn in your Reading Record!
Summer Reading Packet
- Parent/guardian letter
- Reading Record
- Donation Form
- Will be sent home with report cards and posted on the Clover Middle School website
York County Library Summer Reading Program
- "Unmask" (superhero theme)
- June 8 - July 31
- Free events and cool prizes
- Information and a schedule of events will be sent home with report cards.
Clover School District's "Books on Wheels"
- 17 stops throughout the district
- White van with logo on the side
- Books for all ages
- Schedule will be posted soon on the CSD homepage.