Carver Middle School Newsletter
June 2, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Thank you very much for an awesome week! We had several successful events this week to include our Summit learning night, Mega Mentors recognition Dinner our Summer Reading Palooza and the week was capped off with the eighth grade dance. Thank you to everyone who came out to the various events and to support our students and our school-wide programs. We really appreciate your willingness to support our students at Carver MS.
While the school year is coming to a close please continue to encourage your students to come to school ready to learn everyday. SOL re-testing will continue this week. Many students have summative assessments in the form of test or major projects and they should continue to maintain an academic focus and stay well behaved.
Thank you very much and have a great week Carver family!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
We are also raising money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Please use the link here: https://join.ctf.org/team/210271 to join our team and contribute! Your student should have brought a change box home Friday to collect monies for the fundraiser. Families should donate through their students' first period odd class.
Thank you very much for your support!
Thanks to the Community agencies and members who came out to support our students and parents Thursday night!
Summer Reading Palooza
It was great to see all of the librarians in Chester schools promoting reading for all of our students. Thanks to everyone who came out!
Summit Learning Night
Special thanks to teachers, students and parents who contributed to an awesome Summit Learning Night this week.
Summer Reading Palooza
June 6-Dr. McLaurin Community Chat- Stoney Glen
June 7- Chromebook collection
June 12- Grade 6 Awards Ceremony
June 13- Grade 7 Awards Ceremony; Grade 8 Kings Dominion Trip
June 13 & 14- Three hour early release days
June 14- Grade 8 Awards Ceremony; Last day of school
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Dr. McLaurin's Principal Chat
Thursday, June 6th, 6pm
4613 Tooley Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.