Pierremont Paw Print
April 23, 2021
Note from Gina
This week was Volunteer Appreciation Week. Pierremont is lucky to have such a dedicated group of families who volunteer at our school every year. This year, we could not use many of our typical volunteers, but our PTO was able to continue supporting our school in many different ways. Our PTO has worked hard to keep our staff and school well supported during such a challenging time, and we thank you tremendously!! Looking forward, we hope to bring back our other volunteer opportunity soon!!
Have a great weekend,
May 3-7- Teacher Appreciation Week
May 3-21- MAP testing (grades 3-5)
In This Issue
In This Issue
- Information for All Families
- Information for Virtual Families
- PTO News
- Adventure Club Update
- March & April Lunch Calendar
INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE
Returning School Materials Sent Home at Start of the Year
Staffing Updates for 2021-2022
- As our second-grade students move to third grade, we will have a natural shift in the number of sections. Third grade will increase by one section. Jessica Ballew, our current second-grade teacher, will be returning to third grade next year.
- As our third-grade students move to fourth-grade, we will have another natural shift in the number of sections. Rebecca Bredenkoetter, our current fourth-grade teacher, will move to second grade replacing Miss Ballew. Rebecca taught second grade before joining Pierremont this year.
- Lacey Savage, our current second-grade teacher, will be taking a one-year leave of absence to care for her new child. We will keep you posted on her replacement for the year.
- Nurse Katherine Park will be returning from her Interim Director of Health Services appointment. A huge thank you goes to Nurse Jennifer Baumgartner for taking good care of us during Nurse Park's absence.
- Mary Kier will be retiring at the end of the school year, her replacement has not yet been determined.
- Our Head Custodian, Jeff LaCava, is retiring this year. We will him all the best!
Summer School Information
For questions about summer school enrichment classes, contact Community Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone or text at 636-891-6644.
School Supplies For Next Year
Travel Opportunity For Parkway Students And Parents!
INFORMATION FOR VIRTUAL CAMPUS
Soar with Wings
Social and emotional learning (SEL) has the power to help children develop skills necessary to succeed in school, be prepared for the workforce, and become positive and healthy citizens. Soar with Wings aims to help K-5 students build the core social and emotional competencies - self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision-making, social awareness, relationship skills - that they need to succeed in school and thrive in life. Parents, guardians, and caregivers help students succeed. Help your children build emotional and social skills that will strengthen them for a lifetime with these fun, easy-to-use activities.
Pierremont Spirit Wear
Pierremont's spirit wear store is OPEN!! The original design is still available along with a new Pierremont Proud design. We also have West Middle options! The store will be open until April 26th. We are hoping to distribute no later than May 14th.
APRIL LUNCH MENU
Katherine Park: Email
Amy Manczuk SSD Area Admin.