Write for Texas
2015-2016 School Year Wrap Up
Write for Texas Resources Page
Survey to TEA and Write for Texas Grant
- As a wrap up to this year's grant, TEA has created a survey for analysis of this year and planning for next year
- Results are anonymous and reported directly to Write for Texas Grant in Austin
- Surveys must be completed by Wednesday, May 25th
See links below to access either survey:
Summer Literacy Academy & Write for Texas
- When: June 29 and 30
- Where: Crossroads Church, Odessa
- Stipends are possible
- W4T breakout session
- Registration link for Write for Texas teachers: go.esc18.net/W4Tsummer
See conference website and session information to come using the link below!
Resource Review & Updates:
What it is: current event news articles, can be differentiated by lexile levels
What's New: (a lot!)
- additional Spanish articles
- text sets for Literature, History, Science
- paired passages with thematic essay
- pro/con pieces
- famous speeches
- election 2016 issues pieces
What it is: thematically linked pieces across genres, arranged by grade level
What's New: big updates!
- paired text
- related media
- teacher guide
- additional themes
- search feature
Join us for the 2nd Annual Technology Conference!
Where: Midland College
Registration, Info, and Session Details: http://go.esc18.net/futureready
A word about THIS tool, SMORE...
- It's free...ish (only 5 free smores)
- Ideas: newsletters, class resources, presentation tool
- Be on the lookout for educator discounts if you want a paid version!