PTO Guest Speaker - Stacy Winters
This is the forum to talk about the new math program and the 6th grade math program. If you can not attend this meeting, please reach out to Mrs. Winters with any questions about 6th grade math. The upcoming parent teacher conferences are not a venue to talk about 6th grade math.
Dates to Know
- 29 - PTO Meeting - Guest Speaker Stacy Winters, K- 12 Math Supervisor.
- 30 - Hickory Tree Pizza Day
- 3 - 7 - Family Conferences - 12:45 dismissal all week.
- 12 - 4th Grade Concert - 7:00 p.m.
- 13 - 5th Grade Concert - 7:00 p.m.
- 14 - Report Cards available on Parent Portal
- 21 - Early dismissal; Students dismiss at 12:45 (Lunch will not be served)
- 2 - Return to school (E Day) Happy 2019!
Art Enrichment with Mrs. Kraemer
Mrs. Kraemer is offering four different art enrichment opportunities after school this Winter on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. The theme of all four enrichments will be the wide range of puppetry forms: shadow, hand and rod, string (marionette), and bunraku (very large and intricately controlled). All of our puppets will be very large. Each participant will build at least one type of puppets some students may build several puppets.
The puppetry enrichments will culminate with a "Puppetry Happening" in the LAF gym from 6:00 - 7:00 pm on June 11. 2019.
If you are interested in having your child participate, please click on the link below and fill in the lottery form by midnight December 14th. The outcome of the lottery will be emailed to everyone by December 18th. The groups meet on the days listed below in the Art Room from 3:15-4:30 pm.
- TUESDAY: February 19, 26; March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 2, 9, 23, 30; May 7.
- WEDNESDAY: February 20, 27; March 6, 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10, 24; May 1, 8.
- THURSDAY: February 21, 28; March 7, 14, 21, 28; April 4,11, 25; May 2, 9.
- FRIDAY: February 8, 22, March 1, 8, 22, 29; April 5, 12, 26; May 3, 10.
Afternoon pick up reminders:
- If you are picking up by the high school parking lot you MUST get out of your car and cross the street using the crosswalk to pick up your child. Students should not be in the parking lot unattended
- If you are picking up in the car line, your child should meet you by the high school auditorium circle. They are not permitted to get into your car by the high school parking lot.
Butternut Squash Soup tasting at LAF
Please let us know if you can stop by during the LAF lunch periods, from 11am-1pm, to help pass out samples .of Butternut Squash Soup on Tuesday, December 11th. We will be handing out samples of Jersey Fresh butternut squash soup. Please email Jessica.Romeo@gmail.com if you can volunteer.
Squash, Butternut, Fresh, Cubed, 1"
Onions, Yellow, Fresh, Diced, 1/8"
Celery, Fresh, Small Diced, 1/4"
Spice, Bay Leaf
Oregano, Fresh, Chopped
Spice, Nutmeg, Ground
Base, Vegetable, Low Sodium, Knorr
Spice, Pepper, Black, Ground, Fine