Week at a Glance (WAG)
November 13th - November 17th
Week at a Glance
5th grade teachers only will meet this week at 8:05am in the library
Accelerated Instruction is Monday-Thursday from 8:50am-9:20am.
- Monday: 5th Grade Teachers meet in library at 8:05am.
- Tuesday: LA/Math Planning during conference times.
- Wednesday: 6th Grade Teachers will not meet in the library at 8:05am.
No Accelerated Instruction due to Interim Testing, No extra FAPE for 6th grade students
- Thursday: SS/Sci Planning during conference times.
- Friday: Lesson Plans Due in Forethought by 5:00pm; enter weekly grades in Teacher Access Center.
Generation Texas Week
- Refer to the email regarding activities this week from Mrs. Kemp dated November 7th.
Mark Your Calendar
- 1st: 6th Grade Math/Science Teachers meet at 8:05am in the library
- 6th: 5th Grade Team Meetings
- 6th: No Faculty Meeting afterschool
- 7th: No Students-Professional Development Day; Faculty Meeting at 1pm (library)
- 9th: 5th/6th Grade Reading Interim Testing
- 10th: Boyz2Men Field Trip, Student Council/Ambassadors Field Trip
- 13th: 5th Grade Teachers meet in the library at 8:05am
- 14th: Language Arts/Math Planning during conference times
- 15th: 5th and 6th Grade Math Interim Testing-No Accelerated Instruction
- 16th: Social Studies/Science Planning during conference times
- 17th: Thanksgiving Staff Luncheon
- 20th-24th: Thanksgiving Break
Jeans, Jeans, and More Jeans!
Feel free to wear jeans (with an approved shirt) from now until November 30th.
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Referral requests can be made by parents and/or campus staff. If you are interested in referring a student contact Mrs. Dominguez for a student referral form.
Referrals will be accepted October 2- December 15, 2023. You can also find the referral form and other GT information on the CISD GT homepage.
Tier 3 - RTI
If you have any academic or behavior concerns for a student, be sure to complete the referral form below.
Setting up for Success
- Check that you can see all of your students in Teacher Access Center located in the SSO. You need to have access to your homeroom and switch class in order to enter grades. FAPE will not have any students listed until student lists have been given to Ms. Solis for their FAPE schedule of classes.
- Video Usage: You must preview a video in its entirety before using. There should be no surprise content. Videos must be documented in your lesson plans and for instructional use only.
- Displayed every day on your board and clearly labeled as each: Daily agenda, learning objective (TEK written as an "I can..." statement, kid friendly language), language objective (ELPS written as an "I can..." statement, kid friendly language)
- Displayed where can be easily viewed by students and visitors to the room: CHAMPS, Classroom Rules/Expectations. This should be where you can easily refer back to them when necessary for students to be reminded.
Employees: Recommendations for employees with COVID-19 positive test results are located in the SSO in the COVID Central App. A ruling has come down that Texas Administrative Code Rule 97.7 does not require staff to isolate for five days. The CDC does recommend.
The CDC recommends individuals who test positive to isolate themselves from others for a period of five days after symptom onset or positive test date (whichever occurred first).
It is recommended that employees receive a negative test or healthcare provider clearance if you return before completing five days of isolation. Individuals should be fever-free and diarrhea-free for 24 hours prior to returning. Employees who isolate should enter absences in Frontline (if applicable) and notify their supervisor.
1st: Giovanna Nieto
7th: Angela Matthew
9th: Annie Sue
14th: Paige Dubry
19th: Nuria Rivera
23rd: Lorena Diaz
23rd: Ashley Walker
25th: Wendy Williams
Submit a story, success, aha! moment, funny, photo, announcement, etc. that you would like us all to know about. Email it to me and I will put it in the newsletter.