Class of 2018 Update
Thanksgiving Hall Closing!
Halls close for ALL students not approved for break housing on Saturday November 22nd. Halls close at 9:00am. If you are not out of your community by 9am on Saturday November 22nd, you will be escorted out of your Residence Hall by Security.
Do you need to stay on campus for Thanksgiving Break? SEE THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW!
Staying For Thanksgiving Break? Make sure you read the information below!!!!
Break Housing Applications and Information
- Crawford, Shepardson, Curtis East, Curtis West, Smith and Chamberlin are designated as break halls and will remain open during the Thanksgiving Break.
- The deadline to submit a break housing request is NOON on Friday, November 14, 2014. Applications received after the deadline may not be accepted.
- All students who wish to remain on campus must complete a 2014 Thanksgiving Break Housing Application. It is the responsibility of the Break Housing student to make arrangements with their host to get his/her room key PRIOR to the host’s departure from campus.
- Break housing will be limited to approved international students who cannot travel, athletes required to remain on campus due to their sport's schedule, and those few students who require permission to remain on campus over break for sponsored academic reasons or campus employment purposes.
- ALL students must vacate non-break housing buildings prior to 9:00am on Saturday, November 22nd. Students waiting for shuttles or rides after 9:00am should wait in Slayter Union.
The Office of Residential Education and Housing wishes a safe and happy break to all. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding break housing or the application criteria for break housing, please contact our office at email@example.com before the application deadline of Noon on Friday, November 14th.
RA Applications are due on November 17th! Don't miss out on the Required Information Sessions
Did you apply to be an RA? If so don't miss out on an opportunity to excel in your inteview
When: Thursday November 13th 7:00pm
Where: 3rd Floor of Slater Union
Why: The RA position is very competitive and if you want to be a step ahead it is in your best interest to prepare as much as possible. During the program you will have the opportunity to meet with members of the search committee, learn about professional attire, have your resume reviewed and more!
Raffle prizes will be awarded and you can win a $50.00 gift card to Target, JC Penny or TJ Max! This money will help you develop your professional attire wardrobe!
Extra Incentive: For those who arrive to the program in professional attire, your name will be entered in the raffle 2x to double your chances of winning a gift card!
Light refreshments will be served!
Residence Halls Close on 11/22 at 9:00am for Thankgsiving Break!
Shuttle Service Information for University Closings:
New Programs from Career Exploration and Development. Great opportunities for first years:
Looking for a Job?
Lifeguards are needed for 2015 and beyond. Must have current lifeguard Training Certification. Inquire at Mitchell Recreation and Athletic Center.
Make sure you fill out a Break Housing Application and are approved to stay. Otherwise you will be leaving on 11/22 at 9:00am and returning on 11/30 at 9:00am.
RA Applications are Due 11/17
Information sessions are required. Do not miss out on this opportunity!