Digital Journey 8 - Ms. Smith
What Is This Class About?
Just because students may know how to surf the web, play games, use Social Media, doesn't mean they know how to use technology to enhance their learning. In Digital Journey 8, we apply the technology skills learned in Digital Journey 6 and Digital Journey 7 in creative and new ways. We also focus on taking video, video editing, marketing, creating websites, animation and a ton of other cool web applications that can be useful for years to come.
- Entering the classroom: Students will enter in a respectful manner: quiet, under control & in a timely manner. Go to assigned seat, and read & follow the directions given on the PowerPoint that will be running on the on the front board.
- Tardy to class: Students are considered tardy to class if they are not in the classroom and in their seat when the bell rings.
- “Something to write with”: Students are required to have a pencil or pen, folder and any other required material needed for class everyday.
- Turning in assignments: Assignments are expected to be turned in on the day they are due or submitted through Google Classroom.
- Student responsibilities after an absence: It is the responsibility of the student to see the teacher or check Google Classroom to get any notes or make-up work. One day will be allowed to work for each day missed.
- Communication procedures with parents and families: Occasional emails, notes or phone calls will be sent home for various reasons. The agenda is a great tool for communication as well. Parents are always invited to email me.
- Ending class: Towards the end of the hour, the teacher will direct the class to “Clean up your workstation”. Students are expected to return their materials to the appropriate places neatly, log-off their computer,and stay in their assigned seat until bell rings. They will be dismissed when the bell rings
Supply List - Needed Everyday
- Pencil or Pen
- A device with a camera (Smartphone or Tablet with iOS or Android) - optional, but very useful!
- Access to Google Chrome Browser and Internet at home (IF student needs to work at home for this class) - Highly recommended
- Ear buds
Units of Study
Commercial Project and Music Video Project and Other Multiple Projects
Create A Book Trailer
- Learn All About Movie Maker - Multiple Projects
- Create a product
- Make a commercial
- MS Movie Maker, WeVideo and/or iMovie
- Google Classroom, Google Docs and Google Drive
Role Model Project
#Let Me Take a Selfie Project
- Digital Storyboarding
- Filming on devices
- Editing video
Web Hot Shots Project
- Become a Web Designer
- Create a website for a client