Volume 3/Issue 15 December 7, 2015
We are about half way through the school year. Crazy how time flies when you are having fun! This time of the year the students are really rocking and rolling with their independent reading levels. This week I want us to focus on allowing students to Stop, Think, and React Independently as they read. Using the goals from the Small Group Lessons intervention book, we want students to:
- Become aware of their own thinking when reading: remembering to stop, think, and react as they read; and jotting down quick thoughts they want to remember.
- Expand their thinking by talking to each other about what they read.
- Focus on both the content and the process and understand that both are important to deepen meaning.
Reminders to include in your grade level newsletters
- Communicate to parents that there will be NO tutoring December 14, 2015
- Remind parents to help students learn their ID numbers
- Tardy bell is at 7:45 am
- If they are planning to change the way their student is going home it needs to be done by 2pm