Mountain View Weekly Update
Annoucements & Updates
- The New Jersey Department of Education encourages school districts to participate in "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" activities by giving children credit for school attendance even though they are “working” alongside their parents on this special day.
In order for our district to maintain accurate attendance records and account for all students, we are asking for your cooperation. If your son/daughter is participating in "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day" on Thursday, April 25, 2019, please click here. Your child will not be marked absent if we are properly informed of their participation in this program.
- At this time, all current 6th and 7th grade students should have submitted 2019-2020 Related Arts course requests via the Parent Portal. Current 5th grade students must make their selections by Monday, April 15. Those who have not completed the process will not be able to view their 3rd marking period report card, which will be posted on April 19.
- 8th grade parents:
- Please review the contents of the email from Mrs. Toth sent on April 2 carefully as it contains important information regarding the Washington, D.C. trip. The additional payment in the amount of $125.00 was due today.
- The email from Mrs. Austenberg, regarding medication on the D.C. trip, originally sent on February 4, was resent on Monday, April 1. Note that medications must be dropped off by May 31.
- Please note the following end-of-year dates: Wednesday, June 12: Awards Ceremony (more information is forthcoming). Friday, June 14: Promotion Ceremony (6:30 p.m., Mendham High School)
- AFTERNOON SESSION ADDED: Classroom, Docs, Slides... oh my! Would you like to learn more about G Suite, including how it is implemented in the classroom and can make for more efficient communication in your daily life? If so, join Mrs. Falcone and Mrs. Toth on April 24 from 1:30 - 3:00 for an interactive and informative Google bootcamp. To RSVP, click here. Note that space is limited to the first 18 participants.
Mark your calendars
- 4/17: 8th grade/Mendham High School "peace project" assembly
- 4/18: morning Junior Band rehearsal (7:40)
- 4/19: Marking period 3 grades posted to portal
- 4/19 - 4/22: School closed for Easter break